Her Soul-Mate

• Dedicated to Rewind, Drew, Gwen

The star light was glinting in through my window. I could hear the wind whispering gently though my open window, as I curled up under my warm cover. Lying on my side, one hand under my pillow, the other above, I looked out at the dark navy blue sky. I could make out a few different constellations, the main one being the Southern Cross, or the Crux. But my mind was elsewhere.

I was thinking about a guy, kind and gentle. He had the most charming voice, his eyes forest brown. The shape of his face and how he says my name, to press against his chest and fall asleep in his strong and safe arms as they kept me out of harm’s way. But most of all I was imagining the feel of his lips against my skin and how they would feel against my own lips.

A shiver ran down my spine at the thought of it and I let out a small sigh. Closing my eyes I smiled to myself. I shifted into a sitting position and pulled my phone out from under my pillow. Pressing the home button and then entering my code pattern, I unlock it. Twitter. New tweets, a few from some others, two from one of my friends, one from the Rewind band page.

And then I see what I am looking for, a new tweet from him. I smile as I look at the display picture. Tap the picture with my finger and the tweet appears larger, tapping the image again and the profile loads up. I start to type to him ‘@JakeREWIND hey love, I'm off to sleep now, have a great day, and I love you’ and then I send it. Pressing the power button quickly the screen goes black and I place it under my pillow again, and close my window.

My eyes were closed but I could still see him, the picture in my mind strong and detailed, as I slowly fall asleep, drifting into the peaceful dream-chasm.

*****************************

I woke up feeling fine and fresh; slipping out of my bed I began my usual routine. At around 9:30 I was out the door and off to the airport. I had gotten ready for weeks; I was off to meet Rewind. The boys knew nothing, well that was a lie. Robbie knew very well what I was up to. And with that thought I smirked to myself lugging my junk to the car and then with a nod from my mother we headed out.

Around three hours later I was on the plane, I decided I would sleep for a while and be ready to get off and meet my friends. I was meeting my musketeers as we so called ourselves, Gwen and Drew. The three of us were staying in a hotel apartment, 3 bedrooms. One room each. So with a smile I rested my head on the seat and drifted back into the dream-chasm.

Another few hours passed and the pilot was telling us to put the belts on as we were landing. One of the worst ways to wake up I think, so I just rolled my eyes as I put my seatbelt on. The jolting of the plane landing unseating me slightly but thankfully my seatbelt stoped me from flying off. Shaking myself I giggled, “Watch out Rewind here come the Musketeers!”

*****************************

After making my way off the plane I met up with Drew and Gwen, “HEY!” I called out to them enthusiastically. Drew grinned and shook his head, “You’re still hyper!” he called back. Gwen ended up on the floor from laughing so much. I just looked at her as if she had gone crazy, “Come on you nutcase, let’s get to the hotel” I laughed at them both. Gwen put out her arm and I monkey grasped it; yanking her up with my strength, “Whoa!” she exclaimed, “Man you’re strong” I just grinned and headed to grab my luggage.

Gwen and I grabbed my gear, 2 suitcases. “One has my skates in it” I said as I grabbed the horsey case, the other was a black plastic case with croc skin pattern on it. Gwen grabbed that case and we both followed Drew out to the bus. “How is Aussie?” Drew asked. “Wet cold and rainy…” I groaned. At that comment Drew and Gwen both started to laugh. “Hey, it’s not funny you guys!” I whined.

Around 8pm my time we had settled into the hotel. The time in London was around 10 am though. “Damn I am tired!” I complained. Drew and Gwen shook their heads, “No sleeping” they said together grabbing me and pulling me out the door. I laughed and got ready to enjoy myself around London.