Chapter 2 part 2

• Dedicated to Rewind, Drew, Gwen

Lying on the grass I stared at the sky, soft cotton-like clouds scattered around in the sky, moving ever so slow as the earth turned. I started to think about the boys again, my face turning a soft scarlet as Jake came to mind. “Your blushing, my guess is you’re thinking of Jake” teased Gwen. My face went darker and I looked at her. The blonde haired girl smiled at me and squeezed my hand gently, “Come on, we should get back to the hotel and get some sleep” she said. The boy on my other side agreed, “Want to be in good shape for them,” he said winking at me and Gwen knowingly.

The three of us walked into the apartment and I sighed, “What if he doesn’t like me?” I said softly. “Of course he will, come on Tahlia, you know he will” Drew soothed. I nodded, “I’m going to have a shower, cool off and clean myself up” I murmured nervously. Gwen gently touched me on my back with a smile, “its ok, shower up and then we can have a girl session” she spoke to me gently.

I sighed and went to the shower, my change of clothes with me I stripped down and turned the shower on. Getting it to the right temperature I slipped in and let the water run over my body, relaxing all of my muscles, I sighed in relief. Closing my eyes I thought about the moment I would lay eyes on the one that was meant for me. I shivered with joy and then turned the water off. Getting out of the shower, I dried off and got dressed into a bright red mini dress and fishnet tights.

“Gwen!” I called out. The girl appeared almost instantly, “Yep, come I want to paint your finger nails” she laughed. I nodded, “Ok, nothing fancy, and nothing bright… I like dark colours, Black and green and navy blue” I replied. She smiled, “I think I have just the things for you then.” Was her answer as the grabbed my arm and towed me to her room. “Sit” she ordered pointing to a nice spot on the ground.

I watched her rummage through her things and pull out a few different nail polishes, or varnish, whatever they called it here. A black, a white, a green and a dark blue, just as I had said I liked. I laughed, “Awesome Gwen!” I said happily. Laughing Gwen sat down, “Hand!” she said, I smiled and I held out my left hand to her. Grabbing the black she started to paint my nails. “So are you looking forward to seeing him?” she asked me. My face already bright red I nodded, “Of course I am!” I exclaimed shyly.

For a few hours we sat in Gwen’s room chatting and being girls. I found that I actually enjoyed it. Laughing and joking around, talking about boys and of course, Rewind, Ben and Jacob. I hugged her and looked at my nails; they were black with green stripes, a blue spot on strip on the tip and then white skulls. “Thanks Gwen” I said with a happy smile on my face. The two of us had also chosen what we were going to wear.

It was getting late and the three of us went to bed, getting sleep for the day ahead of us