11~ Nightmare ~11

Tw: Nightmare, panic attack

Virgil fell asleep on his usual spot on the couch. Patton shook his head, he really needed to get Virgil a bed. Or he could just cuddle you and you two could sleep in the same bed. Patton blushed at his thought and groaned, He doesn't like me like that. Patton headed up to his room and laid down in his bed to sleep. 

After being asleep for a few hours Virgil began to thrash in his sleep. "No no, please," Virgil murmured in his sleep. "Stop!" Virgil sobbed out. Patton woke up from the alarm he had set so that he could check up on the puppies. Patton walked down the stairs slowly put his movements sped up after he heard Virgil crying out no. He soon arrived at the couch and he saw that Virgil was breathing quickly in his sleep and there were tears streaming down his face as he tossed his head. 

Patton shook Virgil's shoulders and tried to wake him up, "Virgil, it's just a dream." The emo's eyes flew open and they were filled with tears and fear but they calmed slightly once seeing Patton.

"Pat," Virgil croaked before throwing himself forward onto the man in front of him. He sobbed into Patton's shoulder and gripped onto the clothes on his back as if his life depended on it.

"Sh, it's alright," Patton soothed, "I'm here. You're safe, it was just a bad dream." Patton heard Virgil's breathing to still be sporadic. "Can you breathe with me?" Virgil tried to stop his crying and nodded. Patton took in a deep breath and waited for Virgil to follow before releasing it. Patton breathed in again and Virgil tried to follow but he let it go early with a sob. "Hey it's okay, you can do this." Virgil sniffled and nodded to signal Patton to continue. Patton took in a deep breath and Virgil followed. They let out the air together and repeated the steps until Virgil's breathing became regular. Patton smiled at him, "You did great, Virge."

"Thanks," Virgil whispered. Patton kissed his forehead and got up then came back with a glass of water for his friend. Virgil gratefully took the cup and drank it. 

"You wanna help me feed the puppies?" Patton asked, remembering from highschool that Virgil liked to pet animals after having panic attacks. The calming man nodded his head and so Patton brought the puppies and their milk over. Patton warmed up the milk, making sure it wasn't too hot afterwards then went back to the couch. Once he was sitting on the couch again he pulled Virgil into his lap, knowing the man like to be held in moments like this. Virgil smiled gratefully and leaned back against his friend that he wished was more than just a friend. Together they fed the puppies and as they worked on feeding the last one Virgil told Patton, "You'd make a great Dad one day."

"Yeah, all I need right now is a partner," Patton said as he rubbed the back of Virgil's hand. Virgil's heart beated hard as he imagined himself being that lucky partner.

"Maybe when I find a husband we can help each other raise the kids," Virgil said. Patton smiled, thinking about him being the husband to Virgil. 

"That'd be amazing," Patton whispered. Virgil turned his head and smiled at Patton, both fighting the urge to lean in and kiss the other. 

Virgil coughed and broke eye contact, "It's late, we should go back to sleep." Patton nodded and placed the puppy back with the other three. Virgil shifted off of Patton's lap and Patton put the puppies back in their new designated spot.

"I don't want you to have another nightmare alone so why don't you sleep with me in my bed?" Patton asked a bit shyly. 

Virgil felt little fireworks go off in his chest as sleeping in the same bed could lead to 'accidental' cuddling, "Yeah okay." The two went upstairs together and got into the queen sized bed. They were laying so close and all Virgil wanted to do was cuddle right into Patton. However he waited until the thought Patton was asleep to listen to his desires. Patton on the other hand was still very much awake and he had been waiting for Virgil to fall asleep so he could cuddle him. Patton was able to grin as Virgil's face was buried in his chest. The bubbly man wrapped his arms around Virgil 'in his sleep'. The emo snuggled further into his chest and relaxed. Soon Patton was able to fall asleep and Virgil was awake for hours but it was better than usual because he had Patton holding him. In the end virgil did manage to get a few hours of sleep, along with a peaceful dream of Patton and him being boyfriends.