Dorothy's Little Secret

Dorothy had just awoken, having a terrible headache and blood messily pouring down her chapped lips. The previous night she'd taken the government issued pills, stolen from her brother, they were blue and purple. They were very pretty in the moonlight; they were said to 'cure the diseased minds of their ignorance'

She just wanted to be normal.

Dorothy's long caramel colored hair stuck to her forehead, as she got up and made her way to the bathroom. She couldn't go and show her mother this, everyone knew unless you had been injured, your nose and mouth did not bleed, you were one of them.

She started to panic, how do you get the bleeding to stop before school started, which was in two hours. Luckily her mother and father were out on a business trip and she had the house alone for two weeks; but blood stained her satin sheets and made a mess on the floor. Dorothy looked at the mirror. Her reflection said everything she feared. The thick, sticky substance flowing down her gray tank top, down into her breast. She quickly got a wash rag- wetting it before trying to clean herself. She slowly slid down the wall, her head throbbing violently as her nose and her ears started to bleed.

Her ears were ringing so loud that she didn't hear her bedroom window opening. Slowly the figure followed the blood trail up to Dorothy; hugging her knees, breathing heavily, and her vision blurring.

Shawn opened the bathroom door, seeing Dorothy. He knew what had happened what had happened - he quickly pulled out bottles of medicine from his backpack, getting the orange and yellow liquid labeled 'Sun Disc'. "Hey, hey Dorothy look at me ok?" Shawn said softly "I'm gonna need you to drink this ok, just breathe listen to my voice" He gently handed her the bottle, bending down to her level, holding her hand. The orange chalky substance filled Dorothy's mouth and slowly slid down her throat. Her face scrunched up at the taste, a mixture of orange peels and iron stayed in her mouth. She glanced at the bottle before looking back up at Shawn. Violent ringing drifted through her ears before they started bleeding again, "What did you give me!" She said (almost screamed). After ten minutes the bleeding as well as the ringing had stopped "It's called Sun Disc, it's Meng to stop the bleeding of those pills you downed last night" "But they said it wou-" "It's a government issued pill meant to drive you insane, and stop believing in the sun. It's meant to make you obedient" Shawn interrupted Dorothy, he helped her up as she looked in the mirror. She saw the clumps of blood that had collective overnight in her hair and ears.

She gradually slid the wet rag down her body before spitting out the last of the blood in her mouth. Dorothy felt the urge to skip school today and just cry. "I just wanted to be normal, not the Pom-Pom girl for this stupid school" She said before looking at the mess she made, the large amount of blood everywhere, on the floor, her bed, and herself. It was a mess surely to get her exposed.