5

Nash ↑
~~~

It took fifteen minutes to speed to Nash's apartment. A lot could happen in fifteen minutes.

My heart was racing faster than my car was. I'd rushed out of my house so quickly that I barely put on my shoes properly, and I'd called out to David that I was leaving. He was worried by the fear he sensed in my voice but I had no time to explain, and I wished I could've.

To think that if I hadn't called Nash when I did, who would've stopped Trey? If only I had his roommates' numbers, I definitely would've asked them to go to his room before I arrived.

I hoped I wasn't too late. Please don't let me be too late.

When I arrived, I rapped on the door and rang the bell three times.

"Come on, come on," I murmured, knocking again. The door swung open and I noticed the surprised face of one of Nash's roommates. "Thank you!" I said, flying into the house and straight to my friend's room.

I wasn't sure what I'd come across as I twisted the doorknob, finding it locked. I cursed then knocked firmly.

"Who's there?" It was Trey's voice, and just hearing it made me irritated.

"Open the door please!" Several seconds later, my request was granted and I came face to face with Trey, though he tried his best to keep the door as closed as possible.

"What're you doing here, Casper? Seriously."

"Getting my friend far away from you." I pushed open the door.

"You have no business here!"

I walked inside, finding my friend stumbling away to his restroom and shutting the door behind him. I turned back around to glare at his boyfriend, and the smug expression on his face.

"Lemme guess, you're the one who called him. He was drunk, you heard my voice, and then you thought I was trying to take advantage of him."

"Of course you were! That's the kind of person you are!"

"Well then I'll be more than happy to point out the obvious fact that, if that were true, he and I would be butt naked right now."

"Please! You don't have to be naked to be violated." I shook my head. "You disgust me. I heard you clearly telling him to drink more-"

"More ginger ale," he claimed with a flat look. "To settle his stomach." He pointed to the nightstand, and I saw an almost empty can of ginger ale on it, next to a glass of water. Alcohol was nowhere in sight.

"That proves nothing."

"It... kind of does..."

"Yeah? Okay, so why were you asking him if he wanted to have fun? Explain that." I scowled.

"Of course you'd jump straight to the worst assumption possible so long as I'm concerned. For your information, Nash is my boyfriend. I don't need to get him drunk for us to have sex; we do a lot of that sober. I came here because he was wasted and alone and I wanted to take care of him. I even brought some of his favorite games and movies, so we could have fun. Is that good enough for you?" He rolled his eyes and brushed past me. "You can run along now, your precious prince is fine."

I frowned, scanning the room for any evidence to use against him. I found nothing but a small stack of DVDs and some games on a playstation to confirm his story.

"Even if you're right; you can't blame me. What I heard on the phone was very unsettling, and I came to check on my friend."

"Nash is fine."