Me n You Whats Going On?

I shift the satchel higher over my shoulder fiddling with the straps. "Liam you know I can't. Me mam would kill me."

"Cmon Rosie. You've gotta. It's a once in a lifetime gig!" He shouts excited.

Liam's got tickets to see the roses. 2 tickets to be precise and as his best friend, he wants me to come with. What I wouldn't give to just say yes but I'm grounded. And that never fuckin happens. Plus it's a school night and I have a GCSE tommorrow.

I bite my lip "How will I sneak out though?"

He smiles deviously "leave that to me love"

I raise an eyebrow at him. And he begins to explain his plan. By the time we get back to mine I have it memorised.

After an hour or so, I'm ready and look outside to see Liam swaggering around the corner. I fix my hair one last time and poke my head out the window.

Liam looks up, stamping out the end of his cig on the floor. He grins "eyar love"

I roll my eyes. "Quiet Gallagher. Or my mam will hear"

I throw my leather jacket down to him and it lands on his face. Laughing he puts it in and examines it. "Suits me" he says pulling the collar.

I throw down some books too and hope my mother doesn't hear. He takes the jacket off and puts it on top of the books.

I place on one of my records loudly and close the door behind me, locking it from the outside. Peering down the steps I see my mother open the door to reveal a polite looking Liam. His charm will get him everywhere and anywhere.

"Alright Mrs Thompson?" He asks politely. And that's the cue. I along my bag over my back and begin to tip toe down the stairs.

"Hello William. I haven't seen you in a while" she smiles starting conversation.

As the words roll of her tongue I hear the stairs creak as I step on it. I want to whisper a fuck sake but figured that would only draw more attention to me. I look at Liam wide eyed as I see my mum turn her head ever so slightly.

"No. We haven't spoken much. Rosie's been studyin pretty hard. Barely seen much of er" he half laughs, face never faultering.

She sighs "yes well, she's grounded at the minute so you won't likely be seeing her for a while still"

He smiles sympathetically and I feel anger boil up inside of me. Yes how horrible of a daughter I am. Good grades, liked by teachers. And she wonders why I'm - concentrate Rosalyn. You've got to do this.

I take another step as carefully as I can down the stairs. Right. Half way.

Wait a second. Why am I doing this? This is the stupidest idea ever. I take one arm out of the back pack and remove my shoes quietly placing them in my bag. As Liam continues the conversation.

"Well I just came to drop er stuff back. She was revisin at mine and was in such a rush to get back she left em" he says taking my books and jacket out of his bag.

She tuts "that is so kind of you William. You know I always thought you two would be just so cu-" I cut her off mid sentence with a cough and she blushes as she sees me behind her.

Liam's eyes widen in a "what the fuck you doing?" Sort of way.

I smile sweetly and head over to hug Liam. "I dunno what I'd do without ya Liam I needed that book for tomorrow" I say as I approach him.

I wrap my arms around his shoulders and whisper in his ear "ask for a drink"

I pull back and wink.

"Could I have a erm a drink please?" Liam says timidly scratching his neck.

"Of course" my mum smiles and heads to the kitchen. The minute she's out of sight I slip behind Liam and open the door, slipping out silently. I crouch and tip toe, painfully as I have no shoes on, around the corner so there is no chance of my mother seeing me as I put my shoes on.

I'm soon joined by Liam who is just smirking in admiration. "You really do surprise me sometimes Rose."

He wraps his arm around my shoulders and pulls me into his side. I feel my heartbeat increase. I know it's just a friendly gesture to him but to me it's so much more. Liam has no idea about my feelings for him. And besides he's a ladies man, couldn't ever imagine he'd stay tied down to one person and it's even less likely that person would be me.

We continue walking until we get to a corner with some familiar faces. Guigs, Tony and is that? I take my bag off my back and hand it to Liam. He looks at me confused as I run to the group and pounce on Noel's back.

"Eyar Stranger"

He takes the cig out and throws it on the ground. "Rose" he smiles

I slide off his back and give him a proper hug.

"Thought you was still on tour" I say stepping back

He shrugs. "Took the week off. Spike island ain't something you wanna miss"

Liam approaches from behind me looking slightly agitated, my bag in his hands.
I take the bag back and sling it over my shoulders. "Yeah definitely. But I reckon I've got something to do with it to be fair" I smirk loftily

Noel raises his eyebrows at me "oh yeah love?

I smile "yeah. Gotta be"

He nods as he lights another ciggy and then out of nowhere pulls me into a headlock. I squeal in surprise but punch him in the bollocks earning a groan and him to release his death grip on me. I blow my hair out of my face and smile triumphantly. "Ya don't know me as well as ya used to noeley."

He shakes his head while still holding his crotch and everyone carries on. We finally get in sight of the concert and I fee my heart begin to explode. I start getting all giggly and excited.

"Guyssssss. This is gonna be one hell of a night!" I yell before leaping into the hoard of people. When I look back the boys are all but gone. Damn. I didn't even get any drugs off em first.
I turn back and make eye contact with Liam. I know it's him. I'd know those eyes anywhere. Easily distinguished from the rest of the crowd.

There was a look in his eyes. Not glazed over and distant like most of the time. Not high or drunk. There was clarity in his eyes in that moment and without thinking I fought my way back through the crowd and stood face to face with him in a matter of seconds.

I bite my lip. Now or never rosy. I glanced at his lips one last time before my eyes fluttered shut and I was leaning up, allowing his lips to reach my own. And it was perfect. In that moment as we stood under the blistering sun, surrounded by thousands of moving strangers, my hands in his messy hair and our lips pressed to eachothers, it was perfect.