Ranking System

Description

Over the years many tribes have created their own ranking system that adapts to how they want to role-play, and who they want to include. We wanted to simplify our ranking system in order to allow a fair and even playing field for anyone vying for new positions. Originally, we will look for experience and trustworthiness for filling many key positions, but these are always subject to change over time. Also, many roles cover both role-play and helping with day to day operations. These allow a fluid system that can always run when one or two people go MIA for awhile.

-----------------------------

Alpha
The Alpha is the leader of the tribe. This single rank matches with the Luna in terms of power, and works with her to ensure the tribe is fully functioning as well as content. These two Leaders are dominant over all other creatures in the tribe, and challenging one means you're challenging them both. They are the founders of the tribe and can be found working with the Leader positions such as Betas, Gammas, Lead Ranks, etc. Our Alpha also works closely with individual members of her tribe to work out everyday problems and concerns.

Luna
The Luna is equivalent to a mother in terms of tribe relations. If you need advice, this is the person to go to, although she mainly advises her Alpha. She is kind and nurturing, but don't be fooled by her soft appearance. This fierce she-wolf possesses just as much power within the tribe as the Alpha. When the Alpha isn't available, this is the person that would step into their place and keep the tribe functioning. This rank is either filled by the Alpha's mate or someone elected for great contributions to the tribe as well as a great deal of responsibility and trustworthiness.

Betas
This rank is directly below the Alpha and Luna, and represents their second in command. The Beta is in charge of checking in with the Lead Ranks and maintaining a sense of awareness of what's going on within the tribe and how its member's feel. They work closely with the Alpha, Luna, Gammas, and Lead Ranks to constantly improve the tribe and protects it's members from any dangers.

Gammas
The Gamma is more like a representative for the tribe and works closer with each individual member to see if they have any recommendations for the Leaders or and concerns that may need addressed. Since the Alpha and Luna can not always talk to every individual pack member, it's up to this rank to be the voice of everyone.

Spirit Wolf
The Spirit Wolf is a very wise and high rank in the tribe. They help the Alpha make good decisions by speaking with moon spirits and seeing what they have to say. Their ways of speaking with the dead are secret and must only be shared with their one apprentice. The Spirit Wolf is also a figure of guidence; they can be found in the Spirit Wolf's Den, where they are always available to help and assist.

Elites
The Elites are very powerful beings, who follow and learn from the Lead Elite. They are healers, scouts, and warriors all in one rank. Their main job is to protect the tribe; if we are threatened, they are expected to come to their family's aid. Memorizing the Tribe Rules is essential for this job, since all Elites will be expected to follow and enforce them. Members of this rank are to be highly respected within the tribe for their courage, bravery, and skills.

Hunters
The Hunters are members that track down herds and provide fresh kills for their tribe. This is their specialty and they often keep track of the herd movements and the best hunting grounds. Hunters are expected to know basic fighting skills to protect the tribe from threats. They follow and learn from the Lead Hunter, who is always the one to lead the hunts. Occasionally, there will be events where the entire tribe joins in on the hunt.

Scouts
The Scouts' main mission is to search for possible creatures that may be interested in joining our family. They are the eyes and ears of the tribe. They often spend their time visiting other communities and keeping good relations with any alliances. They also alert the Lead Scout if there is any danger or any knew communities that are formed.

Healer
The Healers are highly necessary in the tribe, they usually lack in fighting skills but are trained for defense when needed. Healers heal the wounded in the pack and follow the Lead Healer's skills.

Trainees
There are trainee's for Scouts, Elites, Hunters, Healers, and one for the Spirit Wolf. There is also a General Trainee. These roles are pretty self explanatory, as the general trainee doesn't exactly know what they wish to pursue yet and so they are give a bit of training in everything until they decide their path. The specified trainees are trained to one day become a full Scout, Elite, Hunter, or Healer.

Omegas
Omega's are no longer on even standings with Elites, Healers, Hunters, and Scouts. They are lower than trainees as well, but only slightly so. They must earn their rights to do some of the fun things we offer such as sparing or participating in special event relaxation days and whatnot. It would also be best if you didn't look the upper ranks in the eyes (such as Gamma, Luna, etc) when speaking to them.  (This rank is only for those who are being punished or those who are on probation.)

Den Mother
The Den Mother looks after the pups, feeding them, protecting them, and entertaining them. They must teach the pups basic hunting skills, fighting techniques, and to be a proper tribe member.

Pups
Our young ones are playful little balls of fur that enjoy the company of the tribe and learn from their Den Mother. Pups are not permitted to leave the safety of the tribe's territory. They must learn to respect their higher ups at a young age and learn how to do what Ranks they would like. When a Pup believes they are ready, they can be assigned a mentor to train them in whichever Rank they wish to learn.

--------------------------------
Lead Ranks
Each rank following will have it's basic members as well as members who are in charge of each group. These "Lead" members will know what the responsibilities of their rank is, and be able to teach any new members that join their group. A Lead Scout for instance would be able to help a new scout and show them how to look for new members and help recruit for our community. These positions are normally filled by experienced members that have proven loyalty and experience within their assigned roles.