Chapter 2

This is now
The alarm clock rung. My blurry eyes opened as I saw 6:30 projected on the ceiling. It felt like there was no use of me being alive but I've got to make a living to see my daughter and drop her off from school.
"Mum?" questioned Emerald
"Yes I'm up don't worry go make your breakfast and don't worry I'll feed snowy. "
I heard a huff then little stomps down the stairs I didn't want to get up or do ANYTHING but like I said I have to.
I slipped my clothes off and stared into the mirror looking at an ugly, skinny body. The reflection stared back with its cloudy blue eyes squinting trying to find light. It's dirty blonde getting blown by the breeze escaping from the window. I got my towel on and went into the bathroom. I had a quick shower not having a care for the world. I got changed into a ruby red t-shirt and blue jeans. I brushed my hair and put it into a bun. I heard a scream coming from downstairs the kitchen then I heard a  terrifying bark. I legged it down the stairs blood on the floor drops, drops turned into a trail.
" Emerald!"
"Em, Emerald where are you"
I looked out of the kitchen window it was smashed to pieces  the door was left wide open there were footprints everywhere. I heard the bark again.
"Snowy, Snowy"
I whistled loudly.
He came running towards me I gave him the biggest hug.
"At Least your safe"
A tear came to my eye and scribbled down my face.
I didn't know what to do I needed help.