Chapter 4

Peter's funeral took place on a day way too bright for Tony. It was a gorgeous day in the seventies with clear skies. A beautiful May morning. It's been a week since Peter's death, but they've just now had time for the funeral.

       Tony sighed once he saw everyone attending. Just a few friends and some family. Stephen, of course, was right by Tony's side. Tony then stood to start the funeral.

       "Hey. Thanks for coming to mourn Peter's death with me. I guess I should start by saying a few words. Peter was the best son I could ever ask for. He was kind, sweet, smart, caring, and a lot more positive traits. He deserved a nice, long, happy, successful life. But no, he got the Potts family trait of brain cancer. Feel free to come up and say some shit too," Tony said, remaining emotionless. He tumbled back into a chair next to Stephen. He didn't pay attention to any other person, only gave attention to his memories.

       "You doing okay, Tony?" Stephen asked quietly as people said stuff. Tony nodded and rested his head on Stephen's shoulder.

       People talked to Tony after the words. But he mainly only talked to Stephen and his sister, May. (I love her too much to leave her out)

       "Hey. How are you holding out?" May asked Tony. Tony shrugged.

       "My son's dead. I can't really be fine, necessarily. How are you doing?" Tony responded.

       "I'm probably not as sad as you. Who's your friend?" May asked. Tony glanced at Stephen, who has been being silent.

       "This is Stephen," Tony answered. Stephen offered a small wave.

       "How did you two meet?" May asked, trying to distract Tony from grief.

       "I was his sons' Neurosurgeon," Stephen answered.

       "They're about to bury Peter. I'm going to go see him for the last time," Tony said, walking off.

       Tony tried not to cry when he saw Peter. He gave in to the urge to cry. "Bye, baby. I'll miss you so, so much. I'll try to be happy for you," Tony whispered to the corpse, kissing his forehead. Before leaving, Tony left Peter's favorite photo on his chest. It was one of Tony's favorite memories. Pepper, Tony, and Peter had gone to Disney World. The three were smiling brightly at the camera, no illness to put a damper on that feeling. Peter was about five at the time.

       Stephen put an arm on Tony's shoulders. "Come on, Tony, they're going to bury him now, and you need a tissue or ten. You're crying Niagra Falls," Stephen said, gently leading Tony away from the coffin.

       "My baby's gone," Tony whimpered, following Stephen into his car. Stephen sent a sympathetic glance at him.

       "I know, I know. But I'm here for you if you need me," Stephen responded. Tony looked down the entire ride back to Stephen's apartment. Stephen thought Tony wouldn't want to go home to the house of memories just yet, so they were going to Stephen's apartment.

       Tony curled into a ball on Stephen's comfortable couch. "Do you want anything to eat?" Stephen asked.

       "I want some fucking Chinese," Tony replied. Stephen then placed an order for the food. He called for delivery, so Stephen went and sat next to his mourning friend.

      "Do you want to watch anything?" Stephen asked. Tony nodded. "Okay. What do you want to watch?"

      "My Little Pony, I need something happy," Tony responded. Stephen laughed but put it on. Soon enough, the food came so Stephen answered the door.

       The two ate and watched the silly kids' show for a while. "So Tony, are you going to go back to your house or do you want to stay the night?" Stephen asked after about an hour.

       "I'll stay the night if that's alright," Tony responded.

       "Okay. I'll take the couch and you can sleep on the bed," Stephen said. (He lives in a damn nice apartment with one bedroom)

       "No, I don't trust myself to be alone without trying to hurt myself. We can both sleep on the bed," Tony said back.

       "Are you sure?" Stephen asked. Tony nodded.

       "Yep," Tony answered.

       "Okay. Bedtime," Stephen said, standing up and turning off the television. Tony shortly then stood up. Stephen turned off lights and led Tony to the bedroom.

       The two lay close to each other for comfort. Stephen, of course, was holding Tony. (Stephen Strange is a cuddle bug, you can't change my mind)

       "Stephen, I think I love you," Tony whispered. Stephen cracked open an eye to look at him in the darkness.

       "You know that I love you," Stephen responded.

       The two then kissed in the nine o'clock lighting of the room. "Well, I guess we're dating now," Tony said.

       "I guess so. Date tomorrow night? It'll also help distract you from feeling sad," Stephen replied.

       "Okay. I'm going to sleep now, goodnight," Tony answered.

       "Goodnight,"

A/N: I'm finally on summer break, so updates might come more frequently. It may seem like this story is coming to an end, but trust me. I have a plan. There will be at least ten chapters, at most twenty. Sit tight and enjoy the ride. Thanks for reading! I love all the comments, they crack me up. I appreciate the votes a lot!