Chapter 33

"I can't believe you're actually leaving." Kian says, while we all sit around their firepit.

    "Me either, but I know it's for the best." I smile, hoping to seem more confident about this whole thing than I actually feel.

    "Promise you'll visit?" Connor asks.

    "Of course. Anytime you need me, call. I'll try to get here as fast as I possibly can." I assure them.

    "We might need you here tomorrow, and the next day, and until next June." Ricky laughs.

    "You guys aren't going to change this, no matter how hard you try." I tell them.

    "It's getting kind of late. Maybe we should all head to bed." Trevor suggests.

    "I don't want to go to bed because I know when we wake up, Ash will have to leave." Connor says.

    "Awww!" Everyone coos.

   I blush, not knowing where this is going.

    Connor nudges Ricky's arm, clueing them to stop.

    "Where are you and Sam sleeping?" I ask Trevor, easing the awkward atmosphere.

    "Sam called dibs on the pull out couch and I guess I'll take Jc's room." Trevor answers.

    "Speaking of Jc, where is he and what the hell is going on with him?" Sam asks.

    "He's somewhere is Texas getting help for his depression. Let's not talk about this. Let's keep our positive, non Jc topiced feel." I answer.

    Everyone nods.

    "Trevor's right. Maybe we should get some sleep." Kian yawns.

    "I agree. Let's all wake up early, one because I need to catch my flight and two so I can see you all before I leave." I say.

    We all stand up and start to walk inside.

    "Ashley, can I talk to you? Alone?" Someone stops me.

    I turn around to see Connor, "Sure."

    Ricky gives me a confused look, but I just mouth for him to go inside. Ricky is the best friend anyone could have. He's so genuinley nice, caring, and he always looks out for you. He's the only person that lives here, who I've never had drama with. He always be like a big brother to me and I know I will always be able to come to him for anything, even when I am 2283.54 miles away.

    "What's up?" I ask, walking towards Connor.

    "Come. Sit." He motions for me to sit back down across from him.

    I sit.

    "So you're leaving tomorrow and I figured this is the last opportunity I have to tell you this in private." He begins.

    I nod, waiting for him to continue.

    "Ever since we kissed, I-"

    "Connor." I interupt.

    "Can I just finish?" He asks.

    I nod.

    He takes a deep breath, "I've developed some feelings for you. I'm not one to be clingy or really like anyone in general, so this is really out of my comfort zone. I know you and Jc aren't entirely over or even if you are, I know it isn't my place to step in and date you. Not that I'm sure you'd even want to date me. I don't want you to think I'm in love with you. I don't want you to think I'm going to cling onto you and your every move. I just wanted you to know how I felt."

    "Connor, you are an amazing person and I like you! I like you a lot, just not in the kind of way that I would want to date you. You've become a brother to me and I can only see myself ever dating Jc out of o2l. I feel like the rest of us are just too close on a bestfriend/sibling level. I don't want to mess with anymore friendships. It was hard enough dealing with the Jc thing. I guess now would be a perfect time to explain my side of the kiss to you. I don't know what I was thinking. I talked to Ricky about this and I feel so guilty. As you know, the kiss occured after Jc had only been gone for a little while. When you leaned into kiss me, I was still slightly inlove with Jc. I was missing him. I was missing his kisses and hugs and I guess the only reason why I kissed you was to have a chance to see if you could repair the hole that Jc made in my heart. And you did, don't get me wrong, but only for that night. It all went away and I went back to feeling upset. I'm so sorry for using you in that way." I finish, needing a minute to breathe.

    "Ash, I understand." He replies.

    "Connor I am so-, wait, you understand?" Relief rushes through my body.

   "Sure. I haven't been in your exact position, but I understand why you would do that." He smiles.

    I stand up.

    Connor stands up too.

    "Thank you." I hug him.

   "You're welcome." He hugs back.

    "I guess we should go to bed." I suggest.

    Connor nods.

    We walk inside, laughing at how deep and sappy we became moments ago.

---------------------------------------------

So I'm making this new thing for me to update. This chapter has to get:

70 reads

10 votes

5 comments