Chapter Twelve

I stood outside my house for a little bit longer until I saw a creepy man heading my way, that's when I decided to run inside. I walked in the living room and saw Daniel and my mom watching TV. I rushed up to my room before Daniel could notice me and I laid on my bed. I looked up at the lake picture on my wall and tried to daydream about the memory of swimming with James, of feeling the warmth of his skin. I remember the sun beaming on us, drying our bodies as we told each other our life stories. I can't believe he trusted me with his demons.

I can't believe I trusted him with mine.

But I did, and secretly I don't regret it all. I can't wait to see him again.

I close my eyes and try to recall the feeling of his hands on me. I wonder to myself what his lips feel like...to mash his mine so gently that it feels like we're floating. Like we're floating in water with nothing but our bodies touching each other, I would give him more than my demons...

My door is suddenly opened, I jump up super quick causing me to go dizzy, and I see Daniel walking in my room. Without an invitation even he walks over and sits on my bed, he has that million dollar smile on. It almost weirds me out, but strangely has me intrigued.

"So, where do you and Jack go?" he asks, placing his hand on top of mine.

I don't move my hand, "We were at the lake, and for the last time, his name is James."

Daniel laughs, "Oh you're such a fiesty girl." he strokes my cheek, and it makes me shiver. 

Daniel glances at where my bag is and sees one of the open pages of my sketchbook, he gets up and walks over to it. Once again without invitation, he picks it up and starts to look through it.

"Hey!" I get up off my bed and reach for my book but he holds it in the air out of my reach. "Damn it Daniel, give it here!"

"Well just hold on there a minute babe. These are really good."

I stop reaching and look astounded at him. "You think so?"

"Yea I do." he finds the one I found of him kissing my hand, I blush in embarrasment. He holds my face up with his hand, "I feel honored." he says. He keeps flipping until he finds the one of James, his smile fades quickly. He closes the book roughly and lets it fall from his hands on the floor. "Like I said, you have a talent."

"Thank you." I have no idea how to act around him.

"Well.. goodnight babe." he kisses me on the cheek and then walks out of the room.

I stand there, stunned, my cheek feels numb with disbelief. I touch it and I still can't feel it, is this what paralysis feels like? I go back to my bed and bury myself in the blanket and pillows, I close my eyes and try to force myself to go to sleep.

I want to sleep, I want to sleep of James. I want to feel my heart race, I want him to make it race.

I want to give him more of me...

I feel the small grasps of unconsciousness and I let it take me. I let it hold me gingerly and give into the arms of James. I let him take me away from my house, he takes me to the lake and soon we're swimming.

Clothes are unneeded as we float in the water, he holds me close to him and softly whistles a love tune in my ear, my eyes flutter closed as he kisses my cheek and then my neck. His strong hands push me on my back closer to his chest and I wrap my legs around him.

He kisses me on my lips and the edges around everything go milky and distorted.

I can't feel or see anything.

I can only feel the dream that I desperatley want to be reality...