Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Champagne jumped to her bed then laid down happily. Her mom smiled as she put blanket on her smiling daughter.

"Momma, tell me a story."

"What does my princess want to hear?"

"Momma, I want to know the story of the legendary white wolf."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, momma."

"Generation by generation, an Alpha King and a White Wolf are born. The Alpha King is born to rule the world of werewolves, they are strong and fearless. On the other hand, the White Wolf is born to balance the world, to balance the good and bad. Alpha Kings are either too good or too bad, and guess what does White Wolves do to the Alpha Kings?"

Champagne's eyes wide opened, "They kill the Alpha Kings?"

"They never wanted to kill but it was their duty to balance the world, Princess. But a specific Alpha King and legendary White Wolf changed the rule of their existence."

"What is the rule of their existence, Momma?"

"Only one must stand, only one must rule. Alpha King Darius is ruthless, he is feared by everyone. He destroys everything that comes on his way, except Philae. Philae is the legendary White Wolf of their generation. She was pure, gentle and loving. Just like the other White Wolves, her job is to balance the world. So s---"

"Killed the Alpha King?"

Her mother laughed and pat her head. "No, she cannot kill the Alpha King Darius, they are mates. Mates' destinies and souls are intertwined with each other. If one of them die, one will live in despair and lose his or her sanity. They become one, they united as one to balance the world."

"They lived happily ever after?"

"Yes, Princess."

"How about the Moon Goddess? Wasn't she mad because Philae did not follow the prophecy?"

"There is no such things like prophecy, love. Moon Goddess only choose your mate but she never made your destiny, your own destiny lies on your hand."

"I thought there's a prophecy? Like the White Wolf will kill the Alpha King?"

Her brother, Caster opened the door and entered. He sat beside her. "Champ, the White Wolf's duty is to balance the world while the Alpha King's is to rule the world. The story never said they should kill each other."

"Philae must be very kind."

"She is, princess."

"I want to be like her when I grew up!"

"You will be exactly like her."

They kissed Champagne on her forehead. They are about to leave her room when someone entered. The man pointed the gun to Champagne. He fired but Melissa caught the bullet that was intended for her daughter. Melissa cried in pain because of the shot in her arm but the man pointed the gun to her heart and shot her, killing her instantly because the bullet was made of silver.

Her brother shifted into a wolf and charged to the man. But the man's wolf is bigger than her brother's. In front of her, the man killed Caster. He killed Caster limb by limb.

Champagne woke up sweating. She dreamt about the night when the man killed her brother and mother.

The door opened and her father, Alpha Alex, entered with a pail full of water. The 13 year old Champagne wondered why did her father bring a pail. Her question was answered when her father throw the water on her. The water is not just an ordinary water but it was water mixed with wolfsbane. Champagne cried as she felt her skin burning due to the wolfsbane.

Alpha Alex did not feel any pity instead he felt content and happiness seeing his daughter cry, begging for his help to stop the pain. He come closer to her and pulled Champagne's hair, he forced her to look at him. Her tears are falling but it did not affect the Alpha. He smirked. "Have a sweet dream, Princess."