Jongup: Rainfall

"It's a nice day out." You smiled, stretching a little bit as you walked.

The male beside you merely hummed in response. You jerked your head towards him with a quite annoyed expression. His eyes meet your (eye color) ones.

"Yah! Shouldn't you be more enthusiastic than that? I'm out here because I wanted to buy you a gift for winning that competition. Why do you look so bored?" You whined.

Jongup's lips twitch upwards just for a second at the cute glare you held.

"Tch," he scoffed lightly, looking away from you and down the street you both were walking. "I'm excited. Maybe you just don't notice because I hide my feelings a lot," he said calmly.

Just like how I hide my feelings for you, he thought, feeling his heart jump a few times. He held down the smile that was attempting to climb up his face, hoping that you wouldn't notice anything different from him.

You sighed softly, letting go of the tough glare you wore. "Well, I guess that's true," you said. "You never really showed much reaction to anything."

Jongup replied with only a nod and more silence. He held onto his backpack straps as he subtly watched you check your phone. He had to watch you in case you ran into a pole.

Suddenly, your head turned towards him and Jongup's eyes instantly strayed away from you. He could feel himself starting to feel warm and he inwardly prayed that you don't notice his already reddening ears.

You looked at him suspiciously for a while, a bit confused by his actions, but quickly shrugged the feeling away. Instead, you decided to focus your attention to his backpack.

"Oppa, why didn't you just leave your bag at school? It looks quite heavy. I left mine there since we're going back anyways." You asked as you pocketed your mobile phone.

Jongup tried his best to push away the fact that you called him 'oppa'. It isn't much of a big deal since he is indeed older than you. However, it still managed to fluster him in numerous ways.

"I-I have many important th-things in it," he stammered a little bit with a chill tone, causing you to raise an eyebrow at him.

"Are you hiding something from me?" You asked with curiosity.

"No. And plus, it's really expensive since it's waterproof. I can't just leave it there," he replied quickly, gripping his backpack straps a little tighter. He gulped silently, wishing you would just ignore this small stuttering incident.

"Okay," you said, looking away from him.

Jongup was a little bit shocked but he naturally expected this from you. You usually just let things go and don't push on the matter, which he is surely grateful for.

"Well, what do you want to—oh." You raised your hand to your cheek as you felt something from the sky fall upon it.

You look up and so did Jongup. Before you knew it, millions more of tiny droplets fell and landed on the both of you.

"Quick. We should get out of here." Jongup said as he grabbed your wrist and started running down the road towards one of the nearby buildings.

It wasn't long before you both found shelter but by the time you got there, the two of you were already soaking wet.

"Aww.." you mumbled in disappointment as Jongup tried to squeeze his clothes dry beside you. "I thought the weather was nice."

"Too bad, i guess," Jongup said, looking up from his shirt to stare at the pouring rain.