Two

This was not even a date and I was standing in front of my closet, can't decide between high waisted-pants or half midi-skirt, blouse or tee, sneakers or heels.

Actually, this is not the first time I went out to do my homework. But this time's different because there will be Jason too.

Come on, girl. Be professional, you are going to do group project, not flirt to your senior.

Or I can do both. That thought made me laugh.

Let me see. I usually wear the most comfortable clothes every time I do homework, sweater or oversized shirt and leggings. With my confusion, maybe I'll end up wearing them.

Whatever. I'm going to eat first. I'll just have avocado and bread this morning. Not a heavy meal this time because I don't want to feel sleepy later.

I still have two hours left before leave to library, I decided to take a nap and set alarm.

An hour later, I'm woken up by the vibrate on my phone. It's Patricia who's calling.

"Hey, Naomi!" She said as I picked up the phone.

"Hey, there. Ssup?" I answered with husky voice from the nap.

"Oops sorry, did I wake you up?" She laughed. "You are going to attend our group meeting, aren't you?"

"Yes, I am."

"Good. Since we are neighbors, how about we going there together? I've never gone to library before, and we know how huge our campus library is and I don't want to get lost there." She explained.

I didn't say anything, still thinking about what was happening. I was already lost without coffee.

"Please. I'll drive." She continued.

Oops, she might think I didn't want to take her offer.

"Okay, Pat. Sorry I was blank." At least I don't have to walk there.

"Good, I'll wait on you in the lobby in...thirty minutes. Bye!" She hung up.

After put my phone, I grabbed my cold coffee from this morning and drank lot of mineral water to bring my voice back. Now what?

Ah yes, get dressed. I decided to wear dark blue sweater and black leggings, my weekend-comfortable-and-casual clothes and put some make-ups. This is weekend and I just want to wear everything comfortable, no skirt, nor dress and heels or flat shoes. After put my things to my bag, wore my Converse I then walked to the lobby to meet Patricia.

Patricia was there and holding her milkshake. She noticed and waved to me.

"Seems like you had a good sleep, girl." She teased and I grinned as we walked to parking lot. "Aw, had I compliment you today? Because your legs fit excellently in the leggings. You should wear it often to campus, girl." She continued.

"Em, thanks, Pat." I smiled awkwardly. I barely got compliment before. I only got mockeries on everything I wore back then. My schoolmates sometimes mocked me by saying that I drowned in my school uniform, and my mom always asked me to change my clothes when I mixed them up in different colors. So, I always wear dark clothes and most of my clothes are plain.

While driving, Patricia's telling a story about her vacation in Thailand and how she loves Asia so much. I agreed to her since I've been raised and lived in tropical area of Asia for the whole time of my lifetime.

Patricia is an American and her motivation to move here is not only to study and get bachelor degree but also to feed her curiosity on Asia wonderful scenery, and Singapore is a strategic place for her since most of us are speaking English and almost all races in Asia are visiting Singapore every year, thanks to Singapore's tourism.

Sometimes I envy Patricia because she's an outspoken and friendly person, and her parents supported her to moving here even though it's so far from her hometown. If it was me, I'd rather bury my dream to moving far to U.S. even if it's for my education.

Like Patricia, I'm not a Singaporean either. I'm an Indonesian. At first I only visited Singapore for family vacation or shopping. My adoration to this country had grown after few visits, because it feels familiar here and I'm used to the weather. So, I decided to enroll myself to one of this country's universities. Fortunately, the education here is one of the best in Asia so I didn't have to argue much with my parents about moving here. Besides, I can be far away from my bossy parents, maybe I should move permanently.

"Here we are." She parked her car and get out of the car. I followed her and stood beside her. "Okay, Miss. Wijaya, please lead the way."

I chuckled then walked into the building. We searched for the rest of our group members. It's so crowded here even today's weekend, I wonder if we could get empty table.

"Are those Nam-gook and Lucas? And Jason?" Patricia pointed on the couch near the counter. Lucas noticed and waved to us, then we walked there right away.

"Sorry girls, all the tables are reserved." Lucas told us and grinned. I smiled to them, and couldn't hide my widest smile to Jason. I noticed he's wearing black hoodie, blue jeans, and Vans. It's new and exciting to me. It's new because he usually wears his casual plaid shirt to campus and exciting because Jason and I might have similarity on treating ourselves by wearing comfortable clothes on the weekend.

Me and Jason have similarity. I couldn't deny my smile on that thought, maybe that's why I smiled wide to him.

When I realized, everyone's having their seat. Lucas sat on the single couch with Nam-gook sitting next to him on the edge of the couch. Jason sat on the left side of the long couch, and Patricia took a seat on the other side near Nam-gook and Lucas, and she directly talked to them excitedly, about their upcoming party maybe. So the empty seat left was in the middle of Patricia and Jason.

Was it only me or the air here was heating up? My heart beat fast as I reach the left seat. This will be my favorite seat from now, next to Jason.

"I thought you wouldn't come." Jason said as I sat. Did he whisper or is it just me?

"Why?"

"Because you didn't answer my last text." He answered and smiled.

Oh my God, did he wait for my text?

****
A/N. Hello, this is my first book. How exciting!!!!
Thank you for reading, and please vote too. It means world to me :)