Seven

We were still here, staring at my laptop while my hand moved awkwardly. I was afraid if my hand accidently touch his hand, he'd know that it's sweaty.

I finally found a folder named "Krui", named after the district we stayed in. There weren't any picture of me alone, I never like to take selfie, sih. The only pictures where I was in were the group pictures, or candid pictures. These were pictures from two years ago, no wonder they looked horrible.

"Wait wait, can I see this picture?" Jason asked, he pointed to a picture of my group.

"Why? Did you just recognize a friend in the picture?" I asked but still opened the picture.

"No, I just wanna guess which one was you in the picture." He grinned. Now I regretted my decision to open it. "Is this you? With the long hair?" I nodded and felt embarrassed. "Long hair looked good on you, and short hair looked cool on you." Damn, that smile again.

"Th-thank you." What should I do to save my red cheeks? "Can we continue this?" I searched back the sunset picture right away. "Here's the picture."

"Wow, look at the color gradation. Who said you're not a good photographer? With what camera you took this?" He asked as he look at the picture.

"Thanks. Is it that good? I was only using my old phone to take this and all the scenery pictures. The group picture we saw before was taken using my friend's camera so maybe that's why I looked good there." I laughed awkwardly.

"No, you looked seriously good not because the camera, Naomi." He paused. What did he mean actually? "Well, I thought the sun will kiss the water in perfect sunset?" He said, commenting back on the picture.

"It was." I paused, recalling the sunset in my head. "But I decided to put my phone and enjoyed it by my own eyes." I explained. I looked right to his eyes and smiled unintentionally and bluntly.

"I didn't know that you are such a romantic person."

"What do you mean?" Did he recognize my red cheeks too? I wanted to cover my face but I knew that's stupid. "So, what's your story? Do you have a traveling story too?"

"Not much. I mostly traveled around the city. I was once a camp-boy for two weeks and a lost-boy that traveled alone to an island for the next two weeks. Guess I'm the winner since I traveled further than you." He laughed then continued his story.

So, everything does happen for a reason. Maybe if I wasn't humming over the song, Jason wouldn't found me and having this pretty lit conversation, and I wouldn't know how he loves traveling since his first experience. I feel so blessed for this moment.

"It's getting dark now. When will you go home?" Jason asked. It's 6.30p.m. right now.

"I supposed to go home at 5.30p.m. Seems like we lost amount of time here." I laughed. "I'll just leave now then since it's getting dark too. Are you leaving too or staying?" I asked and settled my stuff. Wait, I didn't even know his real intention of being here.

"I'm gonna leave too. I can lift you home, if you cool with my bike. I'm always on my bike every Monday, dealing with morning traffic jam." He explained. I think the mother Earth is being very generous to me today.

"Cool. Sure. Of course it's fine. I hate dealing with traffic jam too, that's why I take public transportation." Maybe I explained too much.

"Good. Okay, let's go." We left the library and walked to parking lot. I didn't know if Monday was my lucky day.

"So, what were you supposed to do in library today if you didn't spot me there? Just wondering, I hope I wasn't interrupting your real agenda." I finally asked. I would never keep this kind of thing inside anymore.

"I intended to do my homework, but it's okay, talking with you apparently felt better. I supposed to not study and do homework too much in a day." He explained and I agreed. I felt grateful for being useful for people, especially him. "So that's my bike."

My happy face changed when I spotted two matching blue helmets on his Honda Scoopy. "Safety number one.” He handed me the helmet.

“This must be belong to your girlfriend, right?” Silly mouth! Why did I ask such a question la?

“Yes, it's Lily's. She is practicing painting right now. No one will notice us, if that's what you're worrying about.” He smirked and I chuckled. Was this a kind of conversation that lead to cheating? “So where's your destination, Nom? I'll give you better service than Uber does.” He climbed on his motorcycle.

“I'm not worrying la." I laughed. "Can you take me to MNM Apartment, sir.” I clicked my, um her helmet then climbed on his motorcycle.

"It's pretty near from here. We'll be there in ten or fifteen minutes." He said then we left of the parking lot. Well, I prefer ten years.

We didn't have any conversations during the ride. I enjoyed the evening wind, so fresh and different from when I walked. Maybe I should start a part time job to buy a bicycle and riding it to campus.

“Ah, there is a newly opened bookstore. Do you mind if we take a little visit there? We might get a discount. And oh they have coffee shop too.” Jason asked.

“Of course, let's give it a try.” I answered right away. I knew I was as excited as him right now, besides I've planned on visit this bookstore when it's officially open but I didn't know the reality would be sweeter than the plan.

Jason stopped his motorcycle on the driveway in front of the store. “Oh, look. They give a free coffee too. I'll take for both of us before they change their mind.” I climbed off his motorcycle before he parked his motorcycle steadily.

The queue wasn't crowded so I got the  coffee easily. “Naomi, you are still wearing the helmet.” He walked to me then laughed. “Do you really like coffee?” He asked while released the helmet from my head and causing my messy hair. “Oops, sorry.” He directly made my hair. I swear I’ll never cut my hair.

“Oh, of course I like coffee.” But I like you more. “Um, do you.. like it with cream or not?”

“No, I like it with you. Thanks, Naomi.” He smiled then took his coffee from my hand. Was it just me or this world was stopping, the clock moved backward, the crowded was disappearing, the wind felt so good, and my cheeks heated up a bit? He must be kidding, right? My ears and my mind must be kidding, right?

When he took a sip I didn't know where to look at or what to do. “I think we should finish this first before  enter the bookstore. It's good though. You don't want to finish your coffee, Nom?” He finished his coffee then threw the paper cup to the trash bin.

“Of course, I'm finishing it. Cheers.” I drank as slow as possible since it's still  hot and I didn't want to chock myself in front of him.

Oh my God, Jason please stop staring at me.

“Okay let's move.” He said as I threw the paper cup to trash bin, then we walked inside the bookstore.