ix. Stuck With You

Kaycee's POV

The sound of my phone ringing woke me up for the second time in less than twelve hours. I reached for it, groggily registering that I'm not on my own bed. Bailey was still fast asleep beside me.

"Hello?" I said, my voice hoarse with sleep.

"Kaycee, honey, where are you?"

Oh my god. It's mom!

"Uh, I'm at Bailey's." All the drowsiness I was feeling quickly went away.

"Go home, hun." She said. "Kylie's picking you up, she's already on her way."

Great, I bet she's furious at me. I was so exhausted last night that I just decided to spend the night here without asking for my parents' permission. Way to go, Kaycee!

"Okay, mom."

The phone call ended.

Not less than ten minutes, I heard a honk from outside. I quickly picked up my things and left Bailey's room, leaving a note on her bedside table.

"Kaycee!" Mrs. Sok appeared from the kitchen. "You're going home already?"

"Yeah, my mom's looking for me." I replied and she nodded. "My sister's outside. Thanks for letting me sleep over here."

"Anytime." She smiled. "Tell your mom I said "hi"."

I nodded and made my way outside. Kylie was inside the car, busy on her phone.

"AND here she is," She said once I got inside. "Mom's furious. Do you know that? She literally called you ten times but you weren't answering."

"Yeah, well, I was sleeping." I grunted. "I'm sorry, okay? It won't happen again."

"Nah, I completely understand you." Kylie shrugged as she started driving. "It's mom that you need to worry about."

"Why are they here though?" I asked. "I mean, I thought Mom and Dad wouldn't be back from Nana's till next week?"

"Oh, it's just mom. " She said. "I don't know what made her come home but earlier, she mentioned something about an old friend visiting."

I nodded and then remembered something.

"Hey, I have to go to the MDC again later," I started. "And I'm wondering if you could drive for me?"

Kylie gave me a glance and raised an eyebrow.

"I'd say yes but didn't you hear what I just said?"

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Dude, mom's furious," She scoffed. "Do you honestly think she would let you go outside after what happened?"

Well, shit, Kylie got a point.

"Ugh, but it's for a big project that I'm a part of and I can't disappoint Will!"

She smiled sympathetically and remained silent for the rest of the drive.

* * *