xv. The Reason Why

Kaycee's POV

"Kaycee?" His voice was hoarse. He tightened his grip and I returned the gesture. I can feel him slightly shaking.

"Yeah?" I managed to speak over his shoulders.

"I'm scared."

"Shhh." I tightened the hug even more. "It's okay, it's okay. I'm here, Sean. I'm here."

I repeated those words until he has finally calmed down and just when we're about to pull away from each other, the door flew open and light filled the closet, blinding us a little. There, stood no other than Julian and Taylor with their mouths wide open. Oh god, I know what they're thinking.

"Er, are we interrupting something?" Julian scratched the back of his neck.

"What?" I looked at him incredulously. "No, no, no. Sean and I were actually stuck here. How did you found us, anyway?"

"Stuck." Julian nodded slowly. "I see."

Taylor shot him a look before turning at us. "I was looking for you guys and then I bumped into this guy right here who was running late for Alex's class and then I told him that you and Sean were missing so we searched the whole area until we heard muffled voices coming from this closet, so..."

"Oh." I nodded. "Well, thank God you found us."

Taylor smiled. "C'mon. There's still have 30 minutes left and I'm pretty sure the both of you can learn the choreo quickly."

"Yeah, c'mon." Julian said. "Before you guys get stuck in that closet again."

The three of us laughed while Sean forced himself to smile. I gave him an it's-alright look and he nodded but Julian must've noticed it. He stopped laughing.

"Hey," He took a step forward to take a good look at Sean. "You alright, man?"

Wait. He doesn't know?

"Yeah, yeah." Sean shrugged nonchalantly.

Julian furrowed his eyebrows.

"So, are we just gonna stand here or what?" Taylor piped in. "The class, guys, the class. Alex is probably looking for us now."

"Right." Julian said and he started walking alongside Taylor. However, Sean and I haven't moved a muscle. He looked back at. "Sean? Kaycee? You guys coming or what?"

"Uh, yeah." Sean replied. "Just... one sec–"

But I know the actual answer to that.

"Actually, you guys go ahead." I cut him off and they all turned their heads to me. Julian and Taylor looked confused while Sean looked surprised. "We don't feel like taking the class anymore. We'll see you guys later, okay? Just tell Alex that we're sorry."

Julian opened his mouth to protest but Taylor beat him. Smiling, she said, "We understand. Come on, Jules."

"But–"

"Come on, Julian."

Julian sighed. "Alright. See you later."