Chapter 3: The duffle bag

Hoseok's POV ⇊↯

I was walking around the room, my heart racing. I was boiling hot so I loosened my tie and jugged down a bottle of water. I don't know why I accepted the case, I don't know what came over me. Anyways its too late now, the damage has been done...

(AUTHOR NOTE: parts in italics are flashbacks)

"Help Me" He pleaded in a harsh tone.

"Take a seat Mr?"

"Kim, Kim Taehyung"

"Okay then Mr Kim what can I do for you?" I said while staring at his grey duffle bag. I wonder what could be in it.

"I did something I wasn't supposed to," He said while slumping down on the couch making himself comfortable... Too comfortable for my liking. "Everything I say here, stays here right?"

"Yes, this information is all kept confidential,"

"Good" He grinned "You see, me and my girlfriend were just casually watching a movie when her phone lit up showing a notification. When she opened it I glanced at the phone from the side and saw that she was texting a guy," He spoke in an angry tone.

"Okay..." I looked at him while raising an eyebrow.

"I asked her who it was and she said it was nothing so I got angry and we had an argument. We somehow made our way on the terrace of my flat and I got so frustrated with her lies that I just, didn't think and well pushed her off," He was clenching his fists tightly at this point.

"Well then... Is your girlfriend alive?" I asked

"Yes"

"Okay well, that's good,"

"GOOD?! That bitch is going to take me to court for something that was completely and utterly her fault, if she had just told me the truth none of this would have fucking happened," He was almost shouting at this point. "That's why I need you, you need to prove that I'm innocent!"

I sighed deeply and ruffled my hair. What to do, What to do. I don't know it seems like an easy case.

"Okay... I'll take your case,"

He threw the duffel bag on the table and opened it's zip... Revealing stacks of cash.

"Take as much as you want..." he said while grinning mischievously.

Y/N's POV ⇊↯

"Visiting hours at the hospital are over for today, so i'll go tomorrow to interview Lee Jin Su and to see how she is doing," My shift was over so I packed my things in my bag and got up to leave.

"I'm going know Mr Jeon and Mr Kim, I will see you tomorrow," I bowed and left.

I walked out of the building to see a familiar looking figure coming out of the opposite building. I narrowed my eyes to try and make out who it was. Ah! It was Hoseok. I started walking towards the building when suddenly I tripped over and fell.

"Ouch, how on earth did I manage to do that," I started scolding myself. But then I saw a hand out in front of me. I looked up to see Hoseok smiling at me, showing his dimples that were so perfect that I couldn't help but stare. For a moment I completely forgot where I was and what I was doing.

"Y/N!" I was quickly pulled out of my thoughts when I heard Hoseok saying my name. I smiled and took his hand as he carefully helped me up.

"Thanks," I said shyly. "I'm really clumsy i'm not sure what I even tripped on,"

He laughed, "Haha, I can be a little clumsy too sometimes,"

"I was actually walking over to you to say hi... But I ended up tripping"

"Well, good thing I saw you then," He smiled again revealing those dimples and cheekbones that completely melted my heart. But looking at him I realised his hair was really messy, his tie was all messed up and loose and his shirt was untucked, he looked much neater this morning. I'm guessing he had a rough day at work.

"So, how was your first day?" He asked me.

"Good, it went much better than I expected, I have a case as well!"

"Wow, that was quick. See there was nothing to worry about,"

"Yeah, haha" I laughed awkwardly. "How was your day?"

"My day was okay I guess, I had a client that was really frustrating me though, I took his case and now it's eating me up,"

"Oh... well good luck. I'll get going now. But it was nice seeing you."

"Nice seeing you too. Bye Y/N," He said while waving at me.

"Bye!"

Hoseok's POV ⇊↯

As soon as Y/N left I turned around and started walking towards Town. I was so stressed out by this whole case that I decided to let loose and have some fun tonight. I took my phone out of my pocket and dialectic Yoongi Hyung's number.
"Yeoboseyo"

"Yoongi i'm going out tonight, do u want come Hyung?"

"Is that even a question, Meet me at Bangtan bar in half an hour,"
__

🍇•THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 50    READS!! It doesn't seem like much lmao but it makes me happy and means so much to me hehe
🦄• kadambini the dimples were for you haha

💜•Thanks for reading!!
☂️•Make sure to vote if you enjoyed this chapter!
🎆•Also feel free to give me feedback in the comments.