II - The Duos

o heck this is late! I have an explanation - I wrote it, but I was without Internet connection for longer than I'd like, and wasn't able to publish.

I wrote this at three in the morning,, in my time zone and it's not that good but-

Enjoy :')

|||||||||||||

A skeleton in some uniform sprinted down a busy street, huffing as they continuously readjusted the position of a black duffle bag over their shoulder. The contents of the said bag weighed them down, and their lack of muscles certainly didn't ease any weight for the poor thing. They weren't really in shape either, so it was more tough.

They were forced to come to a stop when the sidewalk gave way to the road. They're not looking forward to a hospital visit because of carelessness, and now is waiting for vehicles to pass by. The traffic is heavy in the mornings in the large city of Ketshal (just like the bag they are carrying am I right-), which happens to be the time of day they are doing this errand.

They are thankful for the traffic, though, because now they can catch their breath. Even if they don't really need to, they seem to prefer breathing, so let's leave it at that.

Once the stoplight was red and the skeleton could cross the road safely, they jogged to the other side, onto the sidewalk adjacent to their destination... The police station?

Relieved that they could now rest, they sauntered over to the glass doors, and pushed the door.

It didn't budge.

"Are you kidding me?" They huffed, irritated, kicking a nearby rock. What did that rock do to them?

"I think you're supposed to pull on the door," said yet another skeleton, this one taller than the one currently looking down in embarrassment. They are probably a male, because their voice isn't really feminine. The voice had come from in front of the previously pouting skeleton, so this taller one had probably come from inside.

"Oh." The smaller looked up, not to the other's face, but to the letters clearly spelled out of the door: "PULL". Then they facepalmed at the realisation that they had, in their rush, overlooked the sticker.

"Aren't you coming in?" asks the skeleton that currently has question marks for pupils. He had been holding the door open, waiting for the other to walk through.

"Er- yeah, I'm coming!" This skeleton seems to be a male also. He is flustered, a light blush (or what is assumed to be one) spreading across their cheekbones.

The taller one, also in a uniform, more specifically one of a police officer, stepped aside to allow the smaller to fit between the narrow doorway. He then followed suit, holding the next door open. As he does so, he notices that the other's eyelights are simple oval-shaped orbs, but they were a shade of yellow that could compare to the sun when it is setting in summer, very different to his own pupils.

"Where's the chief?" The yellow-eyed one looked around, unable to locate the said chief in the lobby.

"What's your business with him?" The taller asks, raising a bonebrow expectantly.

"I found a few things at those crime scenes a while ago. I don't believe anyone noticed them before."

"Oh, good! You just happen to be looking right at him," the supposed chief grinned at the smaller as he said this.

BACK WITH THE DUO OF DELINQUENTS

"So..." Night's supposed cellmate started speaking.

"So?"