twelve

MAY 30, 2018

-

MESSENGER

gio💖
morning, bonita 😊

ana💘
buenos días, gio! you're
up early? aren't you tired
from the match last night?

gio💖
incredibly sore and tired,
but force of habit from all
those stupidly early morning
trainings ugh.

gio💖
but do you want to go out
for breakfast?

ana💘
yeah, sure! just us, or??

gio💖
i don't mind, querida, but
paulo's kind of completely
knocked out. don't know why
cause he didn't even play 🤷🏻‍♀️

ana💘
awh poor paulo! well we can
go just us; been a while since
we've done that!

gio💖
i'll see you soon then, princesa

-

Giovani had to make the journey from Ezeiza to the heart of the city to meet Ana, which in total was about 40 minutes, but it was worth it. He didn't really know Buenos Aires that well, since he was from Rosario after all, so all he could do was search on Google good breakfast places. He would've asked his teammates, but they were all asleep or he didn't want to bother them. Today was their day off as during the night, they would fly out to Barcelona.

He forgot the name of the restaurant almost as soon as he stepped in, but what he knew was that Ana was already sitting by a table, looking through a menu. She was only alerted by his presence once his footsteps reached table side, where she then jumped up to hug him, "Great game," she had said.

The footballer hummed along, planting a swift kiss on her cheek. That was certainly nothing out of the ordinary, "Thank you! How are you? How's Argentina been for you?"

"Dreamy," she gushed, "Nina and I have explored a lot, and then Gisselle came so it's been perfect."

They continued to speak a while and then proceeded to order. Unfortunately, silence ensued soon after. Why was this weird? They had gone out by themselves plenty of times in the 5 months Ana had resided in Paris, and they were good friends above all.

But here and now, there was a shift in the balances- a change in their relationship, which meant that they were no longer just Ana or Gio. They might even be on their way to Ana and Gio.

"So, um," Giovani played with his cutlery that was set out on the table before they arrived, "I'm off to Barcelona tonight."

"Really?" Ana's eyes brightened, "To train at Joan Gamper?"

"Yeah, of course. Masche and Leo are happy about it," Gio shrugged, "It'll be cool. What about you? What are you guys going to do after we leave?"

"I don't know; we probably won't stay in South America long. Gi really wants us to go back to Brazil for a couple of days or something, so maybe we'll go right after you leave," Ana mirrored his action, "I want to get back to Paris, I guess. I'm a little homesick. And probably back to Germany."

"What, Gisselle and me being here not enough for you?" Gio chuckled, "I miss Paris and hopefully I won't be going back before the 16th of July."

"After the World Cup Final," Ana smirked, quickly thanking the waitress who had served their food, "So, this date. Where'll you take me if you do win the World Cup final?"

"I'm not sure yet, but you'll definitely have a great time," Gio's tone was convincing, "It'll be you, me, with Paris as our playground."

"Unless you find yourself getting shipped out of Paris," Ana weighed with her head tilted but Giovani shook his head at her.

"No, I think I want to stay at PSG for a while longer," he smiled timidly, "But wherever we go on our date, hopefully it'll convince you to like me as much as I like you."

Ana threw her head back and let out that stupidly harmonious giggle that Giovani loved. It was no secret at all that the Argentine was head over heels for the German, who presumed that Ana didn't return the feeling all that much, when in reality she did.

Giovani and Ana were very different when it came to relationships. He liked to dive in head first and go all out, pull all the stops and just love freely and passionately and Ana used to be like this until she was wronged by a few guys. She'd never had a very serious relationship- 7 months at most- but she had a lot, and they all seemed to fizzle out. Ana questioned daily what was wrong with her for every single relationship to fall apart, but could never find the answer she was seeking, so then decided it was better to just stop trying and probably be a nun in some nunnery or be a sheep farmer on a hill in the middle of nowhere in the future, because those were probably much easier.

Then 5 months ago, Giovani Lo Celso wormed his way into her life, and then her heart and Ana just grew to be very confused. It was probably the right choice to draw it out, get to know him and see if he really liked her enough to fight for her.

"Don't laugh at me," he whined childishly, pouting his lips at her, "I want to go on triple dates with Nina, Paulo, Gisselle and Ney! And Jule if he ever gets a girlfriend and your ex Leon and his girlfriend Alexia, because I think that'd be funny. And Naomi and Christian of course! Don't forget Maria and Jonas— damn Ana, you're good friends with so many WAGs!"

"I hate you," she stuck her tongue out at him, "You are something else, Giovani Lo Celso."

-

439,800 likesanadraxler hi cutie ☺️

439,800 likes
anadraxler hi cutie ☺️

view all 6,258 comments

user1 that looks very... green
user2 dumb bitch can't you see the bread

ninahernandez where did you go?????

gissellealvarez ana omfg where are you? you're gonna get lost and kidnapped in argentina!!!
anadraxler i left y'all a text?
ninahernandez "out, be back soon"

juledraxler you went out on your own in a foreign country? i'm telling auntie val

user3 anyone going to comment about the caption?

locelsogiovani hey beautiful ☺️

-

a/n: i hate this chapter omfglmao