Part 11

He heard me silently and when I was done he said "I have few more question, why is Cody still hidden?" I said "Because he is still in danger, he may take over the company next year after completing his studies. As per his grandfather's will Cody can have company after he turns 22. I never met his grandparents as they died before I was adopted, so now everyone thinks that I am going to takeover the company on turning 22. But once Cody takes company both I and Cody will stay safe."

He looked confused and ask "Safe from whom? And if others think you are gonna take over will you not be in danger?" I rubbed my forehead and said "Our father's step brother, he too want the company. He was the one who caused that fire. We don't know about his whereabouts, but I was always kept in tight security and that is why I changed my look constantly."

He nodded in understanding and asked "So after your 15th birthday you met Cody after 3 years when you turned 18th so you never were in contact?" I shook my head in no and said "We were in contact through phone as you saw that we did exchange calls and messages, the trip was just a way to see Cody, for last two month of trip when Cody had college holiday, he and Asher accompanied me in my remaining trip. Now no more questions for the day please I am tired. Now you will keep this as a secret please."

He looked as if he was thinking something and then murmured "Marry me that way both of us will be benefited." I looked at him in shock and said angrily "What the fuck are you talking, I don't know you at all and marriage is a sacred thing not for some benefit. I just ran away from one marriage not to get in another one." I stated.

He said in a calm voice "It will only be to keep you safe, I know now that you are alone anyone can try to kill you. If you are with me I promise to protect you. We will only stay married for media and are families sake. We need not fulfill all marriage obligations, we can divorce after Cody take over the company. That way your parents won't force you to marry Daniel and you can live as Lily Maxwell not some other fake identity."

I looked at him in disbelief and asked "What is in it for you?" He said "Last week in our board meeting I was informed I can have my father's company after I am married. For few years I have worked so hard to bring this company in a position it is now, I can't let it go now. We can make a fake story about how me met and fall in love and that is why you ran away. We kept our relationship secret for sake of both our companies and now we are marrying. It will look real to others. We just have to fake a wedding and after a year we will be free. What do you say?" 

I said "Give me sometime to think about it. Anyways when did you start working for your father's company?" He said "Sure tell me by Monday. I started working with my father when I was 16, I was the one to bring this company in the position it is now. It was only in New York when I started working and now it is in so many countries across the world. My father declared in last board meeting that I will be able to takeover the company only after I am married." 

I nodded in understanding and asked him "Which company do you own?" He started laughing at me and said "You are so cute, which hotel building are you sitting at sweetheart?"

I shook my head in realization and said "You own Hilton hotel chains? You are Alex Hilton?" He nodded his head and said "Took you long enough to realize my identity. Anyway lets meet on Monday for lunch that time you can tell me your decision." I nodded and said "Okay, here is your phone see you on Monday Mr. Hilton." 

He chuckled, said "Call me Alex and use that phone, I don't need it any more. I bought another phone, here is your phone. It does not have any sim, so you can use or discard it." I said "Sorry I can't take your phone." He said "Okay use the sim, I guess you don't have new sim yet. You can return me the phone back on Monday." After our long talk and lot in my mind, I bid him goodbye and left.