Chapter 4 - Jason

Hey guys! Summer vacation time and I'm writing EVERY story possible like a mad woman!!! So, enjoy and tell me if you have an idea about the actor who should play Jason!!! :) :) :)

"And she said to me, the sales were so low that we had to hire a lawyer", says Mr. Athanasopoulos, making both my parents and his wife laugh like maniacs. While me, being me, is trying to eat my fish, without puking. Whoever made it has clearly no idea about the difference between raw fish or even sushi and cooked fish. Jason Athanasopoulos, sitting across of me seems to share my opinion as he has pushed his plate slightly away and gives me a half smile. I respond with a small one and our silent "conversation" ends here.

"Amber, honey, can you pass me the salt?" Asks my father, making me almost groan for the movie-sque scene we're playing right now but I give him the salt anyways, making sure that my white dress doesn't get stained from the sauce of my plate as I'm bending over.

"So, Jason, what class are you going to in fall?" Asks my mother.

"Well, I'm going to the last class of Greek Lykeion, which is like senior year in American high school", he replies.

"Amber here has the exact same age. And what are your plans for the future?" My dad continues.

"Well, I don't really know yet, I want to be something like a game designer. It is a very interesting job and because I-" Jason behind to explain, before his dad interrupts him:

"That's nonsense, son. You're going to take the company over. Being a game designer doesn't have a future, you see", he then turns to my parents side.

"Wouldn't it be better if you just let him decide? It's his future after all", I say, mentally cursing myself.

"Sweetie, it isn't as simple as that. There is an economic crisis here in Greece and when there is a completed job that can offer money to you and about 1000 employees you simply can't turn it down. Jason can always practice designing games, because he's really good in that, but he cannot turn it into a career. Things are really difficult nowadays", Mrs. Athanasopoulos explains to me.

"It's not the case where the parents forbid their child from doing what he really wanted in life just because they think of it as inappropriate for their lifestyle. We're talking about survival", adds Mr. Athanasopoulos.

"I see. You have a good point here", I say, thinking that people and situations are not just black and white in the world. But obviously, that's a pretty dark case.

"If you're done guys, why don't you go to Jason's room? He can show you the game he's made", says Mrs. Athanasopoulos, pointing upstairs.

Jason blushes, a crimson color, going up his cheeks, before nodding and motioning at me to follow him. I do as he says and once we climb the stairs up; he opens the first door on his right and lets me in first.

The color of the room is light grey, with matching curtains and the duvet on the bed. There are video games everywhere possible, covering the tiles and the small desk in the corner, along with two or three thick books. The most interesting object though is the huge pc screen which rests on the desk.

"Sorry for the mess", Jason mumbles trying to put away some video games so that we can sit on the bed.

"See my room back in Seattle and we can talk about it. What are these books?" I ask him, pushing some strands of my hair back to my ears.

"Mostly books about filmware."

"You really like game designing, don't you?"

"I love it. And although I really understand the reason why my parents want me to take over the company, I still find it terribly unfair", he says with a grim look on his face.