Chapter 5 - Batsi Beach

Guess who's back in Andros??? Me!!! And guess who did I meet here? ANDREW! A.K.A. the cute guy who works as a cashier at the local ice cream shop, is Andrew Garfield's twin but blonde and the guy who I first saw during Easter Holiday and gave me inspiration for this story!!! I call that FATE! I'm melting right here! Enjoy the chapter, my lovelies and don't forget to vote and comment! love you all!!!

Batsi is beautiful. A town full of small white houses, St. Phillip's church and the endless blue of the sea, the sky, the windows of the buildings. I wish I could paint so that I drew the view from my window and carved it in my mind forever. You can say I'm a romantic. I won't deny it. The graphic beauty of Greece makes me feel content, as if every breath I take adds something to my soul, infinity.

Last night I dreamt I had wings. White, soft feathers, like an angel's. I flew between every single house, street, building until I rocketed up to the sky. And then I fell. Down to the turquoise waters of the shore. The water added weight to the silky feathers but I managed to rise up. Rain drops falling down my cheeks due to the storm that made the quiet waves angry and wild. But that is what the sea should be like. Infinite. Wild. Untamed.

You probably wonder why my dream has anything to do with the story. My grandma used to say that dreams almost always mean something. She would add that my vision of flying meant freedom. And I believe that sea and freedom are exactly what I'll find in Batsi.

I'm outside of Gelaterie, waiting for Andrew to come. Inside, there is a girl at her late twenties with dark brown hair and tired eyes. Instead of the usual rock music playing during Andrew's shifts, now La la la by Shakira is heard. Finally, I see Andrew at the corner, holding only a towel and his cell phone.

"Hey there!"

"Blondie! Ready for your exploration?" He asks, grinning widely.

"Sure. What do you have in mind?" I ask, beginning to walk with him, heading to the beach.

"We'll, I was thinking about going for a swim here and then showing you the real town," he suggests.

"Got a dejá vu, there. I've seen at least a dozen movies where that particular line is said," I laugh.

"Yeah? Me too. Where do you want to sit?" He chuckles, showing me the entire length of the beach.

"I don't know. Why don't why just go down there?" I ask and motion at the furthest end of the sand, about 50 feet away from where we stand. Right above it there are trees that Andrew calls "αλμυρικια", licking the beachside. On my right there are huge rocks, dressed with some local clinging plants, called μεταξάκια.

"You have really good taste," he grins and we begin making our way there.

Once we finally set our towels on the still warm sand, we begin undressing. Andrew's body is balancing between the line of scrawny and muscular but his back is strong and smooth. On his shoulder blade there is a small tattoo, an anchor. I'm trying not to be very obvious that I'm checking him out but he's doing the same so, I guess we're even. I watch him observe my collarbone where a black feather is resting at. I got it the day after I finished my junior year, along with Kat, who added another colorful design on her arm.

"Take a picture, it will last longer," I smirk, untangling my hair from my side braid. He blushes a little but doesn't miss a beat:

"Believe me, I will."

Children are playing with their toys, forming the sand into castles or just splashing with their parents. There are a few elder couples too, enjoying the crystal blue water and the sun, a few college guys, laughing around and playfully shoving each other, along with a group of teenage girls who are playing rackets. I begin walking towards the water but jolt back when a young boy dives into the water next to me and splashes me completely with freezing water. I turn to look at Andrew who is laughing his ass off at my shocked expression.