Female Foeticide

Dear Readers,

Yesterday, When I have finished writing my chapter and was finding out ways to make the video for this chapter, I saw this image on Facebook. 

I laughed on the coincidence

I laughed on the coincidence. I haven't done any changes to my chapter but look at this image and see what a girl is expected to do and that is how saving a girl child campaign is promoted. I pity such people. Problem is not the girl child; the problem is this patriarchal society. 

So here I am with the first chapter whining (or protesting like a hero) about the same topic. Do listen to the video while reading and do drop your feedback. It matters a lot to the writer.

P.S.: This is the first time I have recorded my voice and published it for wattpad, please ignore the minor mistakes 

Lots of love your way :*

Stay Blessed and Stay Happy, Always!

December 23, 2010

Dear Diary,

It was a normal day. I came to Sunita's apartment as we are leaving for Kerala early tomorrow morning. Sunita's apartment is beautiful. She shares it with another girl who works as a data entry operator, where? I don't know and I don't care. The only thing that evoked my interest was her salary (it was more than what that job pays for). We were watching news in the living room. They were showing a debate on 'female foeticide in India.' Of course nobody was talking against the topic (how is it a debate then?). I looked at Sunita and said, "I support female foeticide."

She looked at me surprised for a moment then laughed. She said,

"Are you nuts?! Mahila Sangh will put up a Dharna in front of your house. They will demand to put you behind bars for giving such a statement."

Though she made fun of my statement, I felt seriously and strongly about it. My answer may not be simple but it will shake you down. So I gave the answer.

"And why do you think I should give her life? Is this society worth for her? Why should I bring her in this world where I have to think about her safety and security? Where I constantly will be worried about her when she is out, where she will be judged on the basis of her external features, where she needs to be marketed on her beauty she has to get married, where I am not sure if the people I am handing over my daughter to have better mindset. Do you really think that this society is ready and worth for a daughter?"

She said, "I agree that people needs to change their thoughts and attitude towards this particular subject. But not everyone in this world is same. And you cannot support as grave an issue as this." I know deep down she agreed with me yet she replied with something else.

"Do you know it is said that only those who suffer knows the pain. I won't bring in the difference between rich and poor and sometimes it's not about money but upbringing that matters in wrongdoing. But for poor, even when they are well brought up, women are forced to accept their destiny, something which is actions of others."

"But you can't murder a child. Your religion doesn't permit you for that." I didn't know why she was persistent on arguing against my thoughts.

So I said, "Yes, the religion, the best weapon to finish all arguments about anything and everything. What do you want me to do? That when my girl will face one of the challenges in this world, I should tell her, 'I am sorry sweetheart, I brought you in this filthy society because they thought murdering you once was a bigger crime than giving you a thousand deaths later on. I am sorry my love, I couldn't stop you from coming to life even when I knew this society is not worth you. I am sorry my adorable for bringing you in this world where humans are killing humanity. I want you to live on the so called 'hope', to either throw away everything on your destiny and blame your god or to stand up to challenges even when you are broken that you cannot stand, to face the negative world even when the people who support the so called positive side of the world, are nowhere to be seen on the positive side, to live even when there are no reasons left to live, even when there is no knowledge of the aim that still needs to be fulfilled.

I am sorry girl, even after being a woman, even after knowing that this society does not deserve to have you 'my precious', I had to bring you to life, just because this society gives a thousand deaths to a woman all her life but does not support female feticide.'"

Sunita could say nothing in reply to that.

I am not against anyone or any campaign. I just want the people who say no to female feticide should make sure that this society should be better that when a girl grows up and is on the stage of giving life to another girl, she should not think and write anything like this.

If my mother would have thought about what I have been thinking about maybe she would have spared my life and you wouldn't have been the victim of my torture.

Remembering U always, till infinity

Hope