I.

I. DOCTORS

 DOCTORS

ADA

It's a luxury to have parents, I realised that at the age of 13. I'm now 17 and am barely surviving without the comfort of having someone there to hold you and make you feel okay.

I also think the Seattle childcare system is bored and fed up with me. For 4 years, they've not only had to battle with the fact that I'm constantly sent back into their hold after the multiple foster parents which couldn't handle me. Not only do they have to deal with that but also the hospital bills which they need to fill. I'm not unwell. People think I am, but I'm not. I have everything under control.

"How are you doing today Ada?" Doctor Quill, my current doctor says to me as I'm sitting on the pale baby blue leather of the hospital bed.

"I'm fine."

He took a sharp intake of breath. He knows that it isn't the truth.

He closes his eyes for a few seconds and rubs them before exhaling and opening his eyes to have them bore into mine.

"Okay, please can you step up over here."

Scales, used as a piece of evidence to fuel the belief that I'm sick.

As my sock-clad feet step onto the devious piece of metal, Quill sighs.

92.3lb. My weight has decreased. He used to try to stop me from looking, but now he has understood that I own this game. I pressed my think cracked lips together and looked up at him, his pale blue eyes filled with disappointment.

"I'm sorry, i-"I began as I walked backwards, the scales creaking under the loss of my weight.

"You don't need to apologise to me, apologise to Rosa," he said as he walked out the room to allow me to change out of the scratchy, paper-thin hospital gown.

Rosa is the head of the orphanage which I am currently residing in Seattle. she was a larger woman but had this motherly nature surrounding her. her facade is one of kindness and compassion but really I think she wants to get rid of me.

As I pulled on the dark purple knitted jumper over my thin frame my eyes focused on the door in front of me. No doubt Dr Quill was speaking to her, and curiosity overcame me. They're both disappointed. I know that for a fact, but this is my game which is playing. They don't get to roll the dice in my life; that's up to me.

Once the old worn leather boots were laced up around my thinning ankles, I pulled open the heavy hospital door and pulled a small smile onto my grey lips as my eyes met Rosa's.

"Hey, Rosa I'm really sor-"

"It doesn't matter sweet pea, come on. Let us go home" she pulled her arm up and I walked towards her and was suddenly engulfed by her warmth as she pushed my small body underneath her arm, shielding me from the heavy rain which we were about to face.

The ride back to the home was one filled with silence. Heavy rainfall poured against the windows and caused the glass to become cool against my forehead. It was peaceful, well it was until the silence was disturbed.

"I spoke to someone today,-"

Spectacular.

"-her name is Sue, she's a good friend of mine." I looked over at the smiling woman driving the car. I knew where this was going.

"I spoke to her about you. About how you're here in the home, and your condition."

Fucking hell. I feel as though Rosa finds this gossip which she has spread to the whole of the fucking world.

I turned away from the glass and pulled a sadistic smile on my face. "So, what? You decide to spread my life as a story to your gossiping friends to make yourself seem more, what? heroic?" I laughed and pulled my eyes back to the glass.

"No, Ada. I was talking to her because she is interested in fostering, but she doesn't want to foster a young child. I thought you would be a good candidate."

Bullshit.

"Really? She wants to deal with the numerous problems which I bring or is it the attitude which I have?" My hazel eyes grazed over the multiple cars passing by, causing a kaleidoscope of colours to pass by me. The bright shades of the moving cars are now at a contrast to the emotions which are manifesting within me.

"I didn't tell you about Sue Ada, because I knew it would put stress you before your check-up okay? but, you need to pack your things tonight because we're leaving for La Push in the morning." Rosa said a sickly sweet smile on her face.

Tomorrow?

Why didn't she tell me before? I sucked in a deep breath and rolled my head backwards. A groan escapes my lips.

I gritted my teeth together and exhaled. "What time?" I pulled my lips between my teeth and focused on the hospital band which is situated permanently against my wrist.

"Well, we are leaving as early as possible as I have to talk her through Dr Quill's new routine for you and the home rules."

The home rules. A list of bullshit rules which Rosa made up in order to seem more involved. There bullshit.

"Fine." A passive response. My only reply to this god awful conversation.