Chapter Nineteen

Another week of school was finally done. Felicia unlocked the door to her house with a sigh of relief, keeping in mind that it was a Friday. The calmness of the house sorrounded her ears, indicating nobody, but her was currently there in the house. Once again, the silence didn't phase her too much. She was used to it.

Or was she tired of waiting for them?

Exhausted, she rested her head on the sofa. She let her mind wander into an area of emptiness for a couple of minutes, knowing it would calm her and relieve her from some residual stress. After a few minutes passed by, she quickly got up and once again, followed her daily afterschool routine which included completing some homework and finishing a couple of chores, etc.

The clock ticked side to side, whilst Felicia was doing her homework. It was six in the evening and her parents wouldn't be home, this soon. That sound annoyed her and that was the time when she decided to take a short break. As she walked over to the kitchen to grab a glass of water, she heard a few quiet knocks from the living room. Was it her front door? She wondered.

She walked closer to it and peeped through the peep hole. A familiar quiff came into sight and she instantly knew it was Jason. She wondered why he had made his way to her house when all he did was ignore her the day before. Despite how annoying he can be at times, she couldn't help, but feel tempted to be closer to him.

She opened the door, with a glint of hesitation which soon turned into nervousness, the minute she saw his hazel eyes. Oh, those eyes. They never failed to take her back to the time they first met. She stared at Jason, noticing an unusual expression on his face. It seemed like it was guilt. Jason raised a brow as if he was asking Felicia to let him inside. That's exactly what she did. Not like she had any other choice, though.

"I'm sorry." The words made their way out of Jason's mouth as if they were never allowed outside before. Yes, it seemed like the Jason McCann was not used to apologizing. Felicia squinted her eyes and asked, "For what?" Even though, she had for sure known for what he was apologizing for. "For yesterday. For ignoring you."

A smile wanted to force it's way onto Felicia's face, but she tried so hard to fight it. She just continued staring, obviously giving Jason the silent treatment. A sigh escaped Jason's mouth and he once again asked, this time a bit more serious, "Will you forgive me?" His facial expression was as if he was pleading for forgiveness.

Felicia lost it. She smiled so hard.

She just laughed and said, "It's okay." And hugged him ever so tightly, getting on her cheery side. She felt Jason's hands travel to the length of her back in a loving way, his warmth once again diffusing across her body making her feel at comfort. Jason rested his head on Felicia's shoulder, whilst mumbling, "Do you know how adorable you are?" In her ear.

Felicia blushed all at once, a sudden flush going all over her body. Jason removed himself from the hug, and prepared himself as if he was going to ask her something. "Felicia, I have been wanting to ask you this for a long time." Felicia's eyes went wide, filling up with desire that he might ask her to be his girlfriend.

"Will you be my Girlfriend?"

Happiness gushed through Felicia's veins at once. It was about time. Felicia took Jason by his cheeks and kissed him as an answer for yes. Jason smiled into kiss, immediately placing his hands on her waist, moving them up and down in a comforting manner.  This time, the sparks around them went crazy and Felicia felt it. She felt the cheer in the air. She felt something. And that something was extremely powerful and she didn't even try to push it to the side. Because she loved it.

She liked Jason.

And Jason liked her back.

Jason hadn't been this happy in a long while and it felt like a piece of him came alive, once again. It felt good. But this also meant, he was willing to commit to her. Will he keep his commitment? At least, that's what he thought so. But, no one knows what the future has in the plate for them. They spent the rest of the day cuddling and kissing each other. Nothing over the top, just being there for each other.