Friday Night Lights

"So what do you guys want to do today?" 

Everyone shrugged. 

"Maybe we could call up Roxy and Michael? See what they want to do." Calum suggested to me.

I took his suggestion and called Roxy. 

"Who is this?"

"It's Tessa."

"Oh hey what's up?"

"Are you busy today? Because I'm super bored with Cammie, Ashton, and Calum."

"No, I'm not. Did you guys hear about the new arcade that opened up? We can all go there."

"That's actually a great idea. We'll pick you and Michael up if you want. I mean if you want to meet us there that's okay. Well all I'm saying is-"

"Michael and I will just meet you there silly," she laughed into the phone. God it's amazing.

"Tessa? Hello? Is 230 okay?"

I snapped back from my day dream and agreed to meet them. Soon enough I was doing my happy dance in my head and in front of all my friends.

"So?"

"Get ready folks because we're leaving in an hour." I pointed to them with my finger guns awkwardly. 

"Wait where are we going?" Cammie yelled down the hall. I peeked back into my room and creepily said "It's a surprise hoe biscuit." 

"You weirdo!" Cammie threw a pillow at me.

Getting dressed for someone you may like was certainly difficult. I didn't realize how basic my clothes were. I just wanted to look simple but sexy. A black shirt and shorts couldn't go wrong right?

After constantly fighting over on where to park at the arcade, I parked towards the closest restaurant, Danny's Pizzeria and Diner. 

"God Tessa, now we gotta walk from all the way back here." Calum complained to me and proceeded to jump onto Ashton's back exclaiming "Onward my trusty steed!" 

Cammie and I laughed at them while they ran towards the run-down yet bright yellow building. Across it had a neon sign practically screaming 'Arcade'. When we first entered the building, we were greeted with loud video games and the faint smell of mint. To our right, Calum and Ashton were going at it at basketball. I bet there was a bet involved.

"So wanna battle me in Dance Dance Revolution?" Cammie asked me as she led me to two pads.

"Duh!" 

Cammie and I went through a long list of songs until we found our first song we danced to our freshman year, 'No scrubs' by TLC. 

"Let's do it."

A scrub is a guy who thinks he's fine.

As the song started, Cammie and I started to follow the arrows on the screen. We both started to sing along  while laughing. After we finished with the highest combo 120 and a score of 903945, we joined Calum and Ashton with Skee Ball. On our second round, Roxy and Michael showed up.

"Hey guys. I'm so sorry we're late ,but we had to take our dad to the airport."

"That's okay. Um you can take over my lane." I offered to Roxy. "Thanks," Roxy smiled.

Roxy beat both Calum and Ashton which was pretty funny because Calum was the king of skee ball. Not anymore!

"So there's a small karaoke booth that's open. Do you two want to join me?" He pointed to the both of us. Cammie and I agreed and joined Michael.

"I'm not sure what you guys like but here's a list." I scanned the list waiting to find a perfect song for all three of us to sing. 

"How about 'Treasure' by Bruno Mars?" 

Michale and Cammie agreed with me and I started the song. After singing, Michael laughed at us. 

"You guys suck at singing. You should stick to dancing."

"Pssh, I'm the queen of singing my good sir."

I laughed at Cammie. "You know damn well you can't sing to save your life."

"Ashton loves my singing for your information."

"Yeah because he's supposed to."

As if it were on cue, Calum, Ashton, and Roxy walked in.

"I love karaoke!" Roxy grabbed the microphone from Michael and pushed him out the way to sit by me. ME. Okay maybe she wanted to sit by me because there isn't much room. 

"Hey Tessa, let's sing 'Boo'd Up' by Ella Mai." "Yeah sure."

THIS IS A LOVE SONG.

Feelings, so deep in my feelings, she started to sing.

No, this ain't really like me, I began to sing along.

As we sang in harmony throughout the whole song, I could feel the energy between us. Maybe it was the excitement. Maybe I just wanted to get to know her even more than I wanted to. Maybe just maybe, I didn't see her as a friend but someone I wanted to be intimate with. Is that too weird? Is it true? The song finished with my highly confused feelings about Roxy. 

"Tessa, it's over ya know."

"I know." I stood there blushing in front of everyone. Maybe no one noticed?