The Roommate (Reworked) Opener

((Edited 10/20/17)) and the ((5/28/21))

Intro.....

Nick Lance, is what most girls would consider when they considered of the term "Great looking" not overly tall or exceptionally short, he's fair looking. Oh sure, but not impressive looking. Or at least what he has understood some girls said about him. Not that they have called him; "Dog food" or anything like that. No, not by a long shot, no. He is just Ordinary looking, nothing further than that. He had nothing that stood out about him or his looks, really.

Now, it did help that he kept himself in shape. This was by running track all throughout high school and then keeping up with it in college as a hobby. So, to say that he is in very good shape would be a given.

Now his actual looks, Nick has black hair that he kept cut short, so as not to get into his eyes when he ran. His eyes are a pale color of green that shines when he is excited. It has also been said that his eyes are very sharp and suggest seeing everything around him. Yet he did not feel as if he struck out in a crowd.

But his roomie, Kim, would invariably chuckle when he would say something like he was "Not fitting in" or "Not being cool" around her. And thus she would tell him he was fitting in just fine and that he was the coolest guy she knew.

Kim, his roommate, and best friend were on a whole different level than him. She is that "Hot girl" that everyone loved or wanted to be with, or just to have her around them. Not just the guys, the women all loved Kim. She was the cool girl and the hottest girl in college.

She could describe her as a small little Asian girl, but with her glorious body and curves calling her "Small" seemed wrong to Nick. She had gotten her body through hard work with cheerleading. And yet she had been his best friend since before high school. Since they were kids, really. They had grown up together and stuck together through it all. Not always as "Roommates" mind you, but as friends. Seemingly always looking out for one and another. This might be why when Kim ran into some trouble in college, her first action was to show up at Nick's house, to find help.

She had shown up at his door and informed him how her then-boyfriend had kicked her out. To Nick, there was never a question about having her move right in with him. She was his very best friend. No, his question was how the hell could anyone ever kick her out, but that was not one he preferred to inquire out loud with her there before him.

Within a day Kim had her stuff moved into his house and she had her very own key to his home, car, and anything else she could ask for, not that she ever asked for any of this, mind you. She wasn't that kind of girl and to the point; he had to force her to take the car keys.

After a few weeks with Kim living with Nick and he soon found that she wasn't like she was with other people when they were alone. She was more... real, more herself. Nick found he enjoyed having her around in his home. Well, they're home now.

Kim seemed to settle into a normal routine immediately. She would spend at least two hours every day working out in the mornings, then she would shower and then head out to her first class and then come back home for a brief nap. This nap was to help her make it through the rest of the day and later onto cheer practice. And later that night maybe a game. This was her Monday through Friday. Nick learned all this and worked around her routine to be home when she was, or to give her time to be alone when she needed it. But mostly, with Nick's grades, he could have as much free time as he desired or wished. And Kim had whatever she required or requested. Most of what she needed was a place to call home and someone who would not push her into anything she did not want or need. Nick was more than happy to be there for her.

Nick made it a point to be up and able to work out with Kim each morning. As a result, this has improved his run times and made him feel better. So he felt it was a win, win for he also got to watch Kim in her workout clothes and make her happy. And what red-blooded man would pass seeing a lovely, sexy, and curvy cheerleader workout.

He was sure Kim knew what he was doing; she was not foolish. But she seemed to trust Nick, so as long as he did not try anything, she did not mind. Or that's what Nick guessed and believed.

It was a simple fact was that they both enjoyed spending time with each other.