Ch 1 Six Weeks Later

((Edited 5/28/21))

Ch 1; Six Weeks Later.

Nick had noticed that Kim seemed quite pleased to spend time with him and hang out like the old times. She just seemed off to him, more stressed, more depressed. He knew this was to be expected after a nasty breakup and all, but he knew that there had to be something more than he could do to help. (Or so he hoped.) So one morning Nick sat a crossed from Kim and asked...

"What's up, why you seem, you know. Be off. Are you still thinking about that ass-hat?" He asked.

"Nick, I can't seem to get any rest," Kim said in a soft, tired-like voice, a voice he had heard a lot these days.

"Is there something wrong with the bed? I can get a new one here for you in a day or so." Nick asked.

Kim just looked at him and smiled. "Your sweet, Nick, but sadly no, the bed is great it's just... Stress and school." She said as she stood and led him to her room, where she sat on her bed.

Nick looked around her room, in the six weeks she lived with him he had been in her room a few times and still it seemed odd to him how she always seemed at ease with him just coming into her room and sitting with her on her bed.

So this was not something new for him. He sat down on her bed next to her and looked right at her with his own smile. Nick has been in all her rooms since they have known each other. When they were young, he would stay at her house for sleepovers. Well, mind you, her brother was in the room too when they were young, so her folks did not seem to mind him there at all. His folk did not seem to be bothered by her staying with them at all... and he had no brothers or sisters. (Yeah his folks rocked like that.)

"Oh, so no new bed and all, gladly this bed was brand new, after all." He had guessed that that would be the answer she would give. Well, about the bed anyway. "so not the bed, something new stressing you out?" He asked.

As always, with matters that had to deal with Kim, Nick's mind was busy searching for ways to help or make things better for her.

"I think so, just can't seem to sleep... bad dreams." Her tears were starting, and Nick did what he always did when she cried around him. He held her with a hug and let her cry it out.

"Aw, Shh," hugged Kim closer as he rubbed her back. "I might have a way to help you, with your sleep problems," he said as he watched her reactions. "But you'll need to give me a day or two to do some studying for it." He told her as he rocked her softly in his arms.

"You can?" She asked him, and he heard this hope in her voice. It was pure and full of trust.

God help me. He thought about hearing that hope and trust.

"I am studying hypnosis in physiology, I think with the right induction I can get you to rest and not remember your dreams or at the very least work them out so they don't keep you awake, this way you can sleep much better." He told her and then stopped rubbing her back to look her in the eyes. "But, do you trust me to put you under?" He asked her.

"Oh Nick, you're the only man I have ever trusted in my life," she whispered and buried her face into his neck.

Oh! He thought.

***

The next few days Nick spend reading and asking questions after questions of his instructors all in the hopes of working out the right inductions and seeking the right and wrong ways the inductions work, all hoping would help Kim. In some way or another. Nick made very sure that his instructors did not know what he was working on, just that they were helping him on his thesis and that always gave him room to ask all the more questions he needed to know. (Had they learned he planned on inducing his roommate they would kick him out or worse.) And this was not so much a lie. He was working on becoming a psychologist. So they all gave him all the help he needed, with little to no questions on this subject.

To say the days flew by would be a lie. Each morning Nick would see Kim and she would look worse than the day before, sluggish and barely doing more till she had her shower and two cups of extra strong coffee. He knew this was not the Kim he had grown up with and loved and had to push harder to help her.

Oh, sure the other thoughts had joined with the noble one. The first night he had dreams of taking control of Kim and making her obey his every command. And to say that did not leave him wanting more would be a lie: she is a drop-dead gorgeous cheerleader. He loved her and wanted her. But it also made him sick. She trusted him and willingly put her faith in him. So he did his best to push the thoughts from his mind. She was his everything; he knew this. She meant the world to him already. So the idea that she trusts him so much that she would submit herself to him rooting around in her head. That was a bond he never found with any other woman in his life.

So Study and study he did for a few days till he had a grasp on the skill. Also, after a quick test on a few classmates proving he had a skill with it. He knew it was time.

Nick walked into his home and found a sight that took his breath away. A sleeping Kim, lying on the sofa napping. He knew she had worked out and must have taken some time to lie down. But just the sight of his friend laying on the sofa. With the thoughts of what he has been fighting for the last few days lingering in his mind, he found her to be the sexiest woman he has ever seen. If he had doubts about his feelings before now, they were clear. He loved and wanted her.

He shook his head as if to stop himself of thinking about these "things" before he could get himself too worked up. All this had passed through his head as he walked into his home.

Had he known what he'd find laying on the sofa, right in his living room, the thoughts he had been thinking would not have been so easy to dismiss.

Ah hell, who the hell am I kidding! He thought to himself as he looked over at the sofa. Laying they were a dream come true, his lovely roommate sound asleep. Well, there is no time better than now.

Nick took a deep breath as he checked the time. He knew Kim had practice in two hours and she would need at the very least an hour to get herself ready and to the field. So time was wasting. He just could not bring himself to go over to her like this. She asked me to do this... But it just feels so... He shook his head and walked over to kneel down next to his sleeping friend's head.