The Fourth Prime

My number is up.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sell it in that light.

What I meant to say is that my existence has culminated to a peak due to the circumstances preceding the current events.

Hmm... that still sounds sketchy. You know what, I think I'll tell you more about me so you can get this statement.

Alright... where shall I start...? How about a name? Yeah, I'll start with my name and go from there.

My name is Seven. I live in a world known as Numeria. I am the son of Zero, our King and the first of our kind, and One, our Queen or better known as the All Divider. Zero and One are the founders of Numeria as they are the reason it exists in the first place. They have been around for eons of time, longer than any other number. Mother told me that she and father were born during the age of revolution. They are sometimes called the Binary.

I am also the Fourth and last Prime of Numeria.

Let me explain this Prime thing real quick. My family is the first set of numbers to exist. Therefore we are the energy that connects the other numbers in Numeria. A Prime is a number born from One that has self-dependency. We each have a stronger central connection to the world of Numeria and how it sustains the other numbers. We are kinda like the Four Pillars of the world that is Numeria. Due to this, there are certain numbers that draw energy from us and the Binary and end up having prime characteristics. We call them Sub-Primes. For example, our Lieutenant, Eleven, is a Sub-Prime that draws energy from One herself. He is probably the most powerful Sub-Prime not born of Zero and One herself.

I have seven siblings.

Two is our eldest brother and the General of the Multi Army. He is also the First Prime in existence to be an Even number. So he's kind of a very big deal in Numeria. Everyone loves him and basically looks up to him for leadership when Zero passes on. He has also played a huge role in the War of Characters with our rival Nation, Alphabia.

Three is my eldest sister and the prettiest of the family. She is the head of the Divide Division where Mother is the Divider Supreme and the Second Prime of the family. They make sure every number is catered and allocated to their rightful area. She is also very bossy and so I tend to steer clear of her whenever I can.

Four was my elder brother. I say 'was' because he is no longer with us anymore. He did not make it when the war with Alphabia, our opposing kingdom, was at its worst. Sometimes I hear Two blaming himself for the loss in his sleep. He was his Commander in the army anyway. But I think that Four would have hated it here. He was the first child of Zero and One not to be a Prime.

Five is what you'd call the jack of all trades in our family. She is by far the coolest one and my favorite sibling. Mother says I shouldn't have favorites but I know she likes Five better than the rest of us. Five is the Third Prime and kind of an entrepreneur. We call them Additions. She has a chain of businesses all over Numeria. She calls them Hi-Fives. She often says that she got the best of both Mom and Dad since she was the even Divide of the two. I think she's right. That and she's drop-dead gorgeous.

Six is not really my blood sister, but Mom and Dad found her in one of the Analogue worlds when they were looking for new life forms. Hash is her real name but since she's living in Numeria, they named her Six. She's a Divider, just like Three and Mom, and she says she loves nothing more than helping other numbers find peace in Numeria.

Then there's Eight and Nine. Twins. They aren't Primes but it doesn't bother them the way it got to Four. It's pretty hard to tell them apart when you look at their faces only. But Nine is slimmer than Eight, which is weird because Nine never stops eating and Eight rarely takes anything but water. Anyway, they are the kids of the house and my personal nightmare.

Which brings this all back to me, the Fourth and last Prime of the Binary Age. My job is to always make sure that everything ticks in the universe. Whether it's Three's scientific equipment, Two's military tech or even Father and Mother's personal tech, I'm always the one who fixes the glitches. They call me the Debugger. I hate that name. So naturally, Three won't stop using it on me.

Anyway... I think that's all about me. Now, remember me saying that my number's up? Well, this is why.

The War of Characters with Alphabia is getting worse by the day. Two is struggling to keep the fight alive with all the numbers he's losing. Three cannot sustain any more numbers piling up in the Division centers. Five is swamped with getting supplies and ammunition to every encampment of numbers in the war. We need more characters in our team than just the Numerias. So I have gone to my father and proposed that we venture to the Analogue Worlds, same as he and Mother did when they found Hash. It stands to reason that more characters are out there, and if they are special like Hash, then we might just have an edge over Alphabia.

The problem is, only Zero and One, being of the Binary Age, have ever been to the Analogue Worlds. They have expressed certain concerns over the plan I have and know in their hearts that I will die if I leave Numeria.

But I have a plan. And I got it from Six.

We gave Hash a new identity when she came to Numeria. It only stands to reason that I can reverse myself to Binary so that I will be able to walk into the Analogue Worlds and remain unharmed.

Theoretically.

Mother has expressly forbidden me from doing such a thing. She once tried it on Three and it almost killed her. The equations required to do so would require both she and Zero's power. That was a risk Numeria could not afford. If I were to die, balance would be lost and all the numbers that draw energy from me would die. But I cannot stand by and watch as millions of numbers are slaughtered by the letters in Alphabia. That is why I am here today with Hash. She is going to try and keep me safe in the Analogue Worlds and translate my message. She is the only one who understands me. She understands that for us to win, we need the characters from the Analogue Worlds.

I am the only number, the only Prime in all of Numeria, with enough equation power in my head to change myself to Binary without Zero and One's help. I believe that has been my fate for all this time.

I might not be a warrior like Two, or a Divider like Three, or an Addition like Five.

But I can still save Numeria.

That's because I am Seven, and I am the Fourth Prime.

A/N: Hello good people. I have been obsessed with numbers for a while now after seeing this animation about them (Its called 9 and I think it's bloody brilliant🙌). So I thought I'd do a rendition of it my way😊. As always, leave a comment as you pass by. Thank you for reading.🙌