Thunderstorms: Four

“If you ever speak of yester night’s events, I shall gut you like a swine and throw your innards to the wolves in the Dead Forest, while using your carcass for practices you yourself know to be the foulest in any kind of magical arts.” Mila had a murderous look on her face as she sat opposite of Azra in her mother’s house.

He had been most generous enough to reminder her of her actions and her near proposal to him. And the reaction he got from her was well worth all the sixty eight death threats she had thrown his way currently.

“Is this before or after you confess your love for me to your mother?”

Mila’s porcelain white cheeks colored a shade of bright red as she found some new curse words to sling at him.

“Mind you tongue, child. It’s bad enough that Edga already resembles you. I do not want him having your mannerisms as well,” the plump woman spoke as she came and lay fresh bread between Azra and Mila.

Azra didn’t know why the woman bothered controlling Mila’s mouth. She would never stop cursing anything and everything that did not agree with her.

“And where is the small delinquent?” Azra asked the elder woman as he took a bit out of the hot bread and almost moaned out loud. There had to be some magical element that the old woman put in her cooking because this could simply not just be wheat and oil.

“My child is an angel, you worthless excuse of a man.”

“But apparently worthy enough for you to make me your husband. So what does that say about-” he didn’t get to finish his statement as he had dodged the spoon chucked at his head. Ella was still scolding her daughter for behaving, in her words, like a rabid infested dog, when there was a loud knock on the door and she went to open it.

“We are looking for the Outcast.”

The look on Mila’s face, the accelerated breathing of Ella by the door and the tone used to address him were all clear factors to Azra that this was not such a cordial visit. He turned around to see four Socra Knights. He was right.

This was a summon.

“You have found him.”

“The Black Mother requires your presence immediately… and alone,” the Knight added the last bit on when Mila made to rise from the table with Azra.

“Why?” Mila’s gazed could have withered an entire field of corn.

“You are not privileged enough to know about the Elder Mother’s wishes, Knight.”

“Enough Mila,” Azra spoke when he felt the anger boiling in Mila. She was already in a bad mood without these idiots antagonizing her. She might just forget herself and kill them. It wouldn’t be the first time that had happened, “I shall be back.”

Azra was midway to the door when something occurred to him. There were more Knights beyond the doorway outside. A quick count estimated them at ten. Also there was a carriage outside. It would explain how the many Knights made the journey here. This was more serious than he had anticipated.

“But in case I am too long, tell Edga to being working with the sword without me.”

The two maintained eye contact for a few seconds before Mila nodded her understanding. Azra wanted to say more to her but he held his tongue. He did not want the Elder Mothers waiting longer than was necessary.

The journey to the Yori Motherlands was quiet. Too quiet for Azra’s suspicion not to spike. He had been glancing over the Kinghts in the carriage with him. There were all armed to the teeth, whereas he was almost naked with just the tunic and pants he had on. The Knights had told him he would not need any of his gear. The meeting was only to speak to him.