^Chapter 1^ Booger Benny

Hey i'm Ellie Jones, I'm sixteen. Im also a Junior  at Bayside High school, and must I say just because it says Bayside doesn't mean there are 'Bae's' on this side of town. I swear I have to explain that to almost everyone.  My five bestfriends, Oliver, Asher, Spencer, Noah, and Rebecca have been friends since our first year of middle school. Rebbeca and I are the only girls in our group.......We don't mind but it's just that we have lost most of our 'lady like manners' but do we really care? Nah. As long as we  have each other we don't care. 

****

I was sleeping ever so deeply until I was awakend by a loud CRASH and  cry.

" Why! This FAMILY needs you, SOMEHOW YOU ALWAYS MANAGE TO SCREW IT UP!"  I heard a deep voice yell.

      I got out of my room that was equivalent to a junk yard or maybe even the apocalypse. I don't even think I can explain what happened in here. I could've swore I cleaned my room yesterday or was it.... 5 weeks ago. I shrug my shoulders, proceeding towards the door.

      When I turn the metal door knob, pushing the door open.... it reveals my mom on the living room floor crying and.... My brother Brad tapping his foot harshly on the cold ground with his arms crossed, and well he looks furious.

I walked further into the living room to see what's going on.

" HEY BRAD! What's going on here!?" I scream at him, my voice a little raspy due to just waking up.

He stares at me Intently.... his grey eyes flashing anger, betrayal, and  disappointment? He stares at the ground.

My eyes follow his.....I see my mom on the floor with tearful eyes and broken glass everywhere.

What. Happened?

"She lied. She said that she was clean."

My mom looked at Brad with sorrow in her eyes. He looked away from her.

" please..." she whispered.

"You had your chance, and you screwed up....AGAIN!"

"Bradley." She said looking at him as tears dripped down her face, leaving tear stains m.

"Don't 'Bradley' me....GET OUT!"  he yelled he said pointing to the front windowed door.

a tear fell down my cheek.... it hurt so much even though I knew it was the right thing.

" B-But Why?" she said tearing up.

" You said ' You were clean....I come home and LOOK AT YOU!"

My mom sobs, I look at the mess....her face screamed that she was stoned, and her eyes were so glassy.... representing that she had been drinking. Everytime she spoke she slurred it crushed me.

She looked at me as if I had a say in this... which I did not.

         As much as I loved my mom... She lied. The first time she did this I was 13 and Brad was 16. Brad had found her in a hot boxed bathroom so stoned she looked dead. Sometimes she wouldn't come home for days without saying a word, but when she did she was moody, and sometimes abusive. I knew It wasn't her fault though, it was the drugs and alcohol that made her that way, but what made this all so painful is that it was her choice.

     The first time she did this Brad told her to leave, and come back when she thinks she's ready to be apart of our lives. Gratefully our Grandpa's and Grandma's lives close buy we were able to stay with them for the summer because there was no way that we were able to take care of ourselves. One summer...turned into a year, one year turned into two. After living with our grandparents for TWO YEARS my mom came and "claimed" to be "clean and sober" but as you can tell that was a total lie. She said she was sorry and that she went to rehab and was sober blah blah blah. It doesn't really matter now that I know it's all a lie.