you aren't a morning person?

Tony has never been a heavy sleeper. You'd think after the lack of sleep, he'd sleep like a baby. But that wasn't the case.

He heard some rustling around 4am, a couple hours since Strange had been over. He wasn't sure if Strange would leave so soon, but he wouldn't blame him if he did. Tony moved a lot in his sleep usually, and it would nine times out of ten annoy anyone he'd share a bed with. But every now and then he'd glance over his shoulder, and see Strange still in the bed.

He slept more peacefully, from a long day at the hospital and being woken up so late, Strange often slept like a baby. But tonight was a little bit off for him.

Strange also slept alone, and despite all the success and all the money for all the things he could ask for; the loneliness still crept in.

Most nights, he can't go to bed without hugging a pillow, just to stop the ache in his chest. Tonight he didn't have a pillow, in the rush to get to Tony's place he neglected the small pillow that hugged his chest every night.

But he slept, and eventually woke up around 5:30am, his usual wake up call since his shift at the hospital started around 7am.

So he got up, slowly and quietly hoping not to disturb Tony's sleep, unaware of if he slept soundly or not. He decided to freshen up in the bathroom connected to their room, before heading to the kitchen.

"Goodmorning Sir." Jarvis said to Strange as he began to brush his teeth, making him jump.

"Is this my conscience?" Strange said, joking to himself, knowing it was really just Jarvis.

"No sir, but if it has been awhile you may want to speak with him."

Strange chuckled a bit after rinsing his face. "I'll make a note of that."

"Ok, i'll make you a note of that." Jarvis said, popping a hologram of the words "Of that."

"Hey you don't need to get smart with me." Strange commented quickly. "Say, Jarvis, since you're practically a conscience, would it be stupid to make Tony eggs for breakfast before I leave?"

"I say do it, it's rather romantic of you." Jarvis replied.

"Oh no we're not, i'm just, being nice for a change. That's all. Seems like he had a rough night." Strange said quickly.

"Not his first, but the gesture would still be, nice." Jarvis decided to add slyly, drawing Strange in. He had obviously researched the man for Tony, knowing he was a curious guy.

Strange hummed to himself after that comment, deciding to head downstairs and fix Tony eggs like he had told Jarvis he would. He found the eggs and milk and pan quicker than anyone could staying in another persons house the first time. It was if their cabinets were designed the same.

"Goodmorning sir." Jarvis then spoke to a groggy Tony, as his eyes opened to see Strange was no longer there.

"Jarvis, where is Strange?" He asked,
sleep heavy on his voice.

"He's down in the kitchen, with a surprise."

"Is he going to kill me?" Tony asked, matter of factly.

"No. I don't think so. Do you want me to double check?" Jarvis replied.

"No, i'll figure it out."

And with that, Tony headed down the stairs to find Strange making scrambled eggs.

"To what do I owe you." Tony said swiftly as he swung around Strange to begin making coffee. Which was usually the only thing his 'breakfast' would consist of. Lots of black coffee.

"Well I have to get to the hospital soon and you did not sleep that well so I took it upon myself to make eggs. You're welcome." Strange said, cocking his head to the side to see Tony's reaction.

"Well thank you, you can have most of it. I don't usually have an appetite at 5am." He replied, a sarcastic smile creeping across his face.

"Oh I hope I didn't wake you from your beauty sleep."

"As a matter of fact you didn't so don't worry about it." Tony shrugged, taking a sip of his bitter coffee.

"Your coffee is black? No wonder you're not so sweet in the mornings." He teased, trying to get a reaction out of him.

Tony threw a sugar packet at him with a quick roll of his eyes. "That's for waking me up."

"I thought you said I didn't-"

"Well you're being sarcastic so you did now." Tony said with a small nod, motioning he was too tired for their egos to really battle.

"Touché."

______

hi guys! i'm sorry this is short. had a little writers block so this is definitely more of a filler chapter. plot will really kick in soon! i promise! thanks so much for almost 500 reads. means the world. i'll update again soon! until then i'll be drafting more stories so follow for updates on those maybe? thanks so much for all the support!! xoxo