:::One:::

Smoke filled the atmosphere as my mother drove off with the rusty vehicle. I walked the rest of the way to school as my mother was late for another important meeting. I silently sigh to myself. "Here we go...Junior year." I murmur quietly to myself. I walk around a corner and see a cloaked stranger. I panic asking myself, should I run home, or should I help them find their way to where ever. I bravely walk tward them and stop just as I got to the crosswalk.

"Hey, Do you know where [Random High school name] is?" They inquire.

Phew. It's only a student. No worries.

"Actually yes, That's where I'm headed!" I say enthusiastically with a sweet and soft smile.

"Alright! This is good. My Name is... Laurence, it's a pleasure to meet you, miss...?" He hesitated for a moment be for telling me his name. But I didn't mind, he was probably just nervous.

"Oh! How rude of me, I'm (y/n).(Y/n) Garret." I say slowly letting each word slide through my mind. "And Laurence, The pleasure is mine."

He smiled at me and we had an awkward moment of staring before his phone started ringing. I only heard this one half of a very intriguing conversation.

"Don't worry, I've got this. Yes I'm sure. I roasted a gecko over a bonfire this should be easy........Yes. Yeah. I'm on Falcon road now. Yeah. See you ther-. Vrepitsah."

This confused me.

"Sooooo Laurence... Who was that?"I  queried.

"Oh, just...My father."

"O-"

Everything faded to black and the last this I saw was a mean purple ailen that wants to kill me.