Chapter 2

The travel time was short. They reached Beam's dorm in less than 20 minutes. Forth got down the driver's seat and jogged towards the passenger's side. He was about to open it for Beam when the other guy descended from the car.

"What are you trying to do?", Beam asked.

"I was about to open the door for you.", Forth answered confused.

"Dude. It's my ass that's hurting. Not my hands nor my feet. I can open the door myself.", Beam retorted

Forth just scratched the back of his head. Ahhh. This is going to be hard, he thought. He has never done this, care for someone to an extent, and Beam is not making it easier either. They just proceeded to walk to Beam's room and when they reached his door, Beam looked at Forth.

"It's here. You can go now.", Beam said to Forth. Forth just stared at Beam. Beam has no intention of going inside until Forth leaves. "What?", Beam asked when Forth didn't move an inch.

Forth looks like he's thinking deep. "Breakfast?"

"I'll get it delivered.", Beam answered immediately.

Forth still thinking. "No. Go inside. I'll buy it for you."

Beam sighed. He knows he'll never win against the guy in front of him. It's Forth. Of course, he won't win. No one does. "Fine. But just hang it on the door. I'll go sleep."

Forth nodded and left. Beam sighed for the umpteenth time. This is going to be a long day, he thought. He went inside and plomped to his bed. He needs his sleep. Last night was exhausting but events of this morning is even more exhausting. He doesn't know how to deal with Forth and his unrivaled chivalry.

After sleeping for almost 3 hours, Beam finally opened his eyes. His back is still sore. He gets up slowly feeling the hunger. He was about to call for delivery when he remembered his conversation this morning. Against his will, he walked towards his door and opened it. There, hanging on the handle, are take out boxes. These are too much you idiot.

Beam went inside and placed the food in his little table. He grabbed one box and saw a note on top of it. Eat. Don't skip breakfast, asshole. Lunch too.

It was a simple and neat note. You wouldn't expect such neat handwriting from someone as rowdy as Forth. Simple yet somehow, he can feel something weird at his chest. It's warm.

Or probably it's just the soup he sipped.