Chapter 1

It is August 27th of 2013 and I was getting ready for school. I am a sophomore at Richland Center High School but I am transferring to Ithaca High School due to safety reasons. I now live on a little farm on a ridge near Bear Valley, a very small town just on Highway 130. I was mostly hanging out with Keegan Gerbig and Matthew Stocks throughout the summer.

I was very much of loving nature, weather and video games. It was the day before school started and of course it was 85 degrees and sunny.

I went down into the woods and I started walking towards a creek. I then seen a wolf, a big wolf down and still breathing. "Oh no"...."what can I do?"

I searched around for something for something to patch up the wound and found nothing. I went back to see the wolf gone. I turned around and there was the wolf sitting next to a tree licking its wound.

"Wait here's a little piece of my shorts." The wolf let me near her and I put the piece of my shorts on the wolfs wound.

"Thanks." said the wolf.

"Who said that?" I asked looking around for someone that talked to me.

"Me, the wolf, is the one who talked to you." said the wolf looking around. The wolf then came and sniffed around me.

"You are the new child in town aren't you?" asked the wolf.

"Uh huh" I said. " Where am I and how can you talk?

"You stepped into a magical realm called Animal World, only ones who won't harm animals can enter and find the animals. You are obviously one of them, aren't you?" asked the wolf.

"Yes I am"

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Stephanie."

"Now where do you live?"

"Drag me over there."

I tried dragging over to a little hole under the ground. I wasn't the most strongest but eventually after about ten minutes of dragging Stephanie to her den and she lay back down.

"I think I should be fine." said Stephanie. "The wound should heal very soon."

It was getting dark and I bet my mother was wondering where I was at. I then sat down while I was covered in sweat from dragging Stephanie.

"I have to go back it's getting late, my parents must be worried sick." I said to her as I was running out of the little burrow.

"That's okay, go home now."

I quickly ran back home where my mother was yelling my name. "Oh there you are where were you I was worried sick about you."

"Sorry you know how much I love nature." I said as I went into the house taking my shoes off.

I went to the kitchen to find pizza on the bar counter with a couple of pieces of pizza. My mom and dad then come over to me with a mad look on their faces.

"What I didn't do anything wrong."

Mom then went ranting, "You know you were supposed to be here before dark how many times do we have to tell you."

"Your mom is right there are wild animals that will kill you and we won't be there to help, you want to be alive don't you?" Dad went on. " I can't believe you, you have never been this late before."

"Just be careful Alright now get to bed you have school tomorrow." Mom kept ranting as she went off.

"It's only 8:40 you know your bed time go on" Dad went on back into his own bedroom as I went upstairs back to play on my Xbox One.

I went to bed thinking about Stephanie and what the new school looked like.