Chapter 2

The very next morning I woke up at 6:30 am and I was very sleepy due to lack of sleep. I went down for breakfast which my mom made waffles with a homemade waffle maker.

I ate breakfast quickly then I went up to take a shower and by the time I took a shower it was 7:00.

I then went on to get dressed and get ready for the bus. I kissed by mom goodbye and hoped for the best. The bus came and a male in his mid to late thirties greeted me. I went on to sit in the second to last seat where a couple of boys were sitting across from me.

"Hi, are you the new kid?" asked the kid sitting closest to the window.

"Please tell me you athletic no one is athletic in our class?" asked the kid sitting close to the aisle.

"I am sorta athletic." I said, "But I also only play basketball that's all I play."

"Alright then, I am Danny and this is Isaac." said Danny. "Our class isn't really good at athletics and we need someone who can play sports that's why I asked you that question."

I then went back to looking at the window and it was then 7:40 by the time we got to the school which was tiny compared to Richland Center High School. It had all the grades into one school which seemed weird to me.

I checked into the office then went to check my locker number which was the last one in the hallway. A girl then came over to me and started talking to me. "Hi, John right."

"Yeah why?" I asked very nervously as I was putting stuff into my locker.

"Well just wondering." She then walked away away from me and back to her girls. "Man, I am not that attractive. If only people understood what are out there."

I then went to first hour which was Social Studies with Mrs Huffar. I sat in the back row all by myself and then someone asks me to sit by them.

"Hi I am Ryan, and this is Aaron and Brock, who are you?" Ryan asked. "Wait you are John from Richland Center, that decent basketball player, am I right?

I nodded then I started listening to Mrs Huffar and her instructions.

"Hi Ryan can you pass these classroom rules around?" Mrs Huffar asked. "John Nelson can you come up and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself while Ryan passes them around."

"Sure." I went up in front of the class and crossed my hands. "Hi I am John Nelson and I am from Richland Center. I now live on a farm near Keyesville and I like animals.

They somewhat clapped and then I sat down in my seat. The day flew like that, nothing really important happened except trying to meet new people.

I headed back home on the bus to find the house jam packed with people. I went into the house to find my mom and dad having an auction on all of our old stuff. None of that stuff really mattered to me so I didn't bother.

I sneaked out of the house and went down into the woods. I took the route back to Stephanie's den. There were wolves surrounding the den and when I stepped over they growled at me and chased me a ways.

"They must not know me." I started, "They know me"..... "Wait, no they don't know me just Stephanie."

I waited till all of the commotion walked away from the den which was around 5:00 and they all left. I finally got a chance to see Stephanie and her new cubs. I came into the den real slowly as another wolf was supported her.

"Leave always I kill you human!" The male wolf exclaimed as I walked away. "Where are you supposed to be human."

"No Alpha, he is my friend." interrupted Stephanie. "We met yesterday."