Chapter 13

It was another school day, as I was sitting in my classroom waiting for my students to rush in. I was thinking heavily about yesterday's incidents. I was also remembering my past ranger days, how we were a close tight knit group, and we even dressed in the color of our suits. I was trying to determine which of all my students were that close and even had really unusual inside jokes, and I do mean really unusual inside jokes.

My thinking was interrupted as my students started walking into class, putting my thoughts aside so I was fully able to focus on my job and teach the things that would definitely help them throughout their lives.

"Ms. Rory!" Kira exclaimed when she saw me sitting down at my desk, with Connor, Ethan, and Trent following right behind her. "Thank god you're okay!

"Just a little fatigued, but everything is okay." I told her with a happy smile. "I take it you guys got out okay.  None of you got hurt right?"

"Right." Connor confirmed with a relaxed smile.

"That's good, I'm glad." I said before taking a quick glance at the clock. "You guys might want to take a seat. Class is about to begin and there are a lot of things we need to go over, seeing as we got cut off yesterday."

With a nod from all four of them, they quickly took their seat getting out the supplies that they may be needing for this class. As the last couple students trickled in, the bell rang. There were a few student a little behind the bell, but I wasn't going to reprimand them. I waited for them to sit down, before I began my lesson for today.

"All right class, instead of continuing with the introductions, I am going to have the ones who weren't able to introduce themselves to me write down things about them, and bring them up to me one by one as I call your name." I began getting right down to business, a part of my brain still keeping an eye out for the signs of any students being a power ranger. "Now I'm not going to make you read out loud or anything. What I am going to do though is after I have all of them, I am going to pass out an essay for you to do. With this essay, you won't have to think to hard about it, unless you choose to of course, all you're going to have to do is write a full two pages on why you think music is important for you and your lives. How it can help you in stressful situations, etc. I'm going to give you about five to ten minutes to do this, while I get out your worksheets."

Almost immediately, most of my students took out paper and began scribbling the things they needed to on them. As they did that, I began digging through my desk, searching for the essay worksheets. I quickly found them in one of my drawers, sitting them on top of my desk. Taking a quick glance up, I saw that most everyone was already done with their paper.

"Okay, I need the ones who have already introduces themselves to me to come up and grab the worksheets, and mark write your names down on this," I said holding a regular piece of notebook paper. "-paper. The ones who haven't introduced themselves to me , I am going to call out your names after the others have gotten everything they need and as you hand me your paper; I want you to take the worksheet and get to work."

I called out each and every one of their names; one by one, taking a moment and waiting for them to do as I had instructed them to. Within minutes they all had their papers, and were all working on them. 

As they were all working on their papers, I took the time to think about what had happened yesterday; and the purple stone I had hidden in my bag. The glowing purple stone; that basically told me that I was going to be a power ranger once again. A million thoughts seemed to invade my mind; as I remembered the reason why I retired in the first place. I didn't know if I was any where near ready to take on the responsibility of protecting innocents once again. But I knew that I would no matter what; because that's the way I was built, that's the who I am.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay... I want to thank everybody for the condolences about my mother. I also want to thank everybody supporting me with this story. I have some exciting news; this story ranked number one in the 'tommyoliver' category, and I'm more than happy about. I am even more than excited to continue this story and to see the where I will go with this story.

Also, one more thing... A couple chapters ago I promised a very small prize if someone guessed my reference correctly; and that prize was a dedication in my chapter. So I am dedicating this chapter to death-dealer123.

Thank you for reading and I hope you continue to support me on this journey.

I'll see all you guys in the next chapter!