prologue

Katerina walked down the hallway to Mrs.Peterson's classroom. She had been called down to the office to be notified that her parents would not be picking her up from school. She hated her parents. They always made her promises that were never kept, they didn't care about her. They even had a calendar counting down the days till she went to college hanging in their closet that they thought she hadn't seen. Even if they knew she had seen it, they wouldn't care.

She heard yelling as she walked down the empty hallway. Right before she passed a classroom, the door swung open. "Fuck you! Fuck all of you!" Luke Hemmings, the school bad boy, yelled at someone. He had a reputation for being exceptionally arrogant, selfish, and very good in bed. "I don't care if I fail. I don't care about anything. I'm gonna get wasted tonight and come knocking on your door and you know what I'm gonna say? I'm gonna say,'I don't give a fuck about you or what you teach or what the hell any of this shit even means!'", Luke yelled at the teacher. She heard a tired male voice yell "Get out of my class!" before turning her attention to Luke's bloodied knuckles.

He let go of the classroom door, letting it slam shut. He noticed Katerina standing there and smirked. Katerina looked down, not wanting to meet his piercing blue gaze. "Well look what we have here? A little Miss Pristine." Katerina looked up at him. "A what", she asked. She tried not to let her voice shake. He made her nervous, intimidated her.

He had the most gorgeous eyes; a bright light blue. But they practically bore holes into you. His eyes were so bright they were like little laser beams that could make any girl weak at the knees and pierce her heart. Every girl in school found the boy attractive. He had sandy blonde hair, blue eyes, he was tall, he was fit, had perfect teeth, and he had a lip piercing. What's not to love?

"A Miss Pristine. All the stuck up, straight A girls like you. For the guys it's Mr.Pristine." He smirked again. Why did he keep doing that?

"I'm not stuck up. I'm just smart," Katerina replied. "And what happened to your knuckles?" Luke held his knuckles up and examined them. He didn't seem in the least bit phased that his hand was covered in blood and bits of skin were coming off. "I punched the wall. And some kid," he shrugged. "Why did you punch them," Katerina asked, backing up just the slightest bit in case he decided to take a swing at her. "He pissed me off," Luke replied cooly. He started to walk away when Katerina yelled after him.

"Why don't you care? About any of the lesson I mean. Or your grades," she stammered. Her heart was pounding. Why did she just ask that? What was wrong with her? Why did she even want to know?

Luke flinched at the question. He stopped walking and yelled over his shoulder,"Why would I? I like drinking and partying better." He turned around fully. "I like letting go better."

~ ~ ~

HI EVERYBODY!!! This is my very first fanfic and I'm really excited about it! I really enjoyed writing this and I can't wait to write more! I really hope this gets lots of reads! Thank you!