chapter three

Luke's p.o.v.

~

Lunch time finally rolled around and I was pretty hungry. I walked in the double doors that opened into the cafeteria and walked over to the salad line. I wasn't actually going to get anything until I saw her.

She was an innocent kind of sexy; she tried to hide under all her baggy clothes, but you could tell that she was hot. I don't know what attracted me to her, but whatever it was, I had to suppress it. If my friends found out that I was attracted to a Miss Pristine, well, I wouldn't be friends with them anymore.

I mean, I didn't like her or anything; I was just attracted to her. Right?

I walked up next to her and leaned down to whisper in her ear. "Hey there Priss," I whispered. "Shit," I heard her mutter. I didn't even bother calling her by her real name, I liked calling her by my own special nickname. But Katerina was a pretty name.

What am I saying? I don't even like her. We're polar opposites. It would never happen.

She pretended to ignore me and paid for her meal. "Oh come on Priss, don't be like that," I smirked at her. I knew she didn't like it when I smirked at her, so I did it anyway.

"Like what?" She was playing dumb. Oh so you wanna play dumb, hmm? Okay, let's play.

"You know what," I shoved her hard with my shoulder, causing her to stumble slightly and knock her Gatorade off her tray. She bent down to pick it up and scowled at me. I chuckled and walked over to my table.

"And what're you laughing about," Michael asked me. He dyed his hair pink this week. It was starting to fade, but it was still very bright. "Oh nothing," I sighed, still chuckling slightly.

I turned around to look back at Priss. She looked up at me and we locked eyes for a second. I suddenly felt guilty for what I did, but I pushed the feeling away, hoping it didn't show in my eyes. She pulled her head away and began walking towards her own table.

There was an Asian looking kid and a few other kids sitting there, but they were really the only ones.

I turned back to my table. "Did you shove that Miss Pristine," Ashton asked me. If you took one look at Ashton, you'd think he was the sweetest guy in the world, but his personality was the complete opposite. He was a year older than me, but I was taller. He was notorious for sleeping around. He's even done it with a few teachers. He was a total badass/asshole. He was pretty cool, to our group at least.

"Yeah," I faked a loud laugh. The other boys started laughing with me. I wanted a shot of tequila for some reason and almost got up to go get some. I always kept a bottle in my bookbag and a few shot glasses. You know, just in case.

A few guys from around our table gave me a high five or a fist bump. After that they went back to their previous conversation about girls they'd slept with. I didn't even eat, I just sat there, half listening, thinking about her.

~

The lunch bell rang, signaling the end of lunch. I turned around to see Priss getting up and walking over to the trash bins. I watched her every move; the way she walked, the way her arms swayed a bit while she carried her tray, the way her hips moved up and down as she walked away.

I hadn't even noticed her staring until I looked up at her face. I smirked at her. She made a disgusted face and turned to throw her trash away. I rolled my eyes and gathered up my trash, preparing to leave the cafeteria.

I wondered for the millionth time that hour why I felt attracted to her. That wasn't supposed to be happening. We were supposed to hate each other. I know she hates me, so I have to hate her back.

I can't let my feelings get in the way.

At all.

~ ~ ~

Hi guys! I didn't realize how hard it was to write the same scene in 2 different characters p.o.v. lol. Anyways hope you enjoyed seeing this from Luke's p.0.v. I think I'm gonna do 2 chapters in Katerina's p.o.v. and 1 in Luke's p.o.v. and just keep switching off like that. Please keep reading! Thanks!