chapter two

Katerina's p.o.v.

~

By now it was lunch time and I was starving. I guess that my yogurt wasn't enough.

I got into the line for salad and grabbed a tray. I felt someone come up beside me but I didn't bother to look up. "Hey there Priss," someone whispered in my ear. My head snapped up. I was met with a familiar pair of blue eyes. "Shit," I muttered. I picked up a Gatorade and paid for my meal. "Oh come on Priss, don't be like that," Luke smirked. Ugh, I hated when he did that to me. "Like what," I asked innocently. "You know what," he pushed me with his shoulder hard, causing my Gatorade to fall off my tray. I picked it up and scowled at him. He just chuckled and walked over to his table.

His table consisted of all the trouble makers. He sat down and turned around to look at me again. I locked eyes with him for a second then turned my head away. I didn't even want to look at him. A second later I heard him laugh. You could always tell when Luke was laughing. He had a beautiful hearty laugh that just rang out above everyone else's.

Somehow I could tell that he was laughing at me.

I found my way to Calum and I's usual table with a few other people. I must've looked upset because as soon as I sat down Calum asked,"Is everything okay?"

"Um, yeah I'm fine, just upset that they didn't have any cookies," I faked a sheepish smile. "Oh, okay," Calum didn't seem convinced but he shrugged it off. "So... How was class," Calum asked after a while. "Hmm," I had zoned out for a bit.

I was thinking about Luke. There was a look in his eyes when he turned to look at me after he sat down at his table. It looked like... Guilt. But it was only briefly. It was gone before I could fully process it.

"I asked how class was," Calum giggled. "Oh it was fine." I was still a little out of it, and I think Calum could tell. "Are you sure everything's alright," Calum questioned, lifting his eyebrow at me. "Yeah I'm fine," I said with a sigh. Right as I said that, the lunch bell rang, signaling that lunch was over. "Time for class," Calum chirped and walked away with his tray of food.

I turned to look over at Luke again. He was staring straight at me. His eyes followed my every move, watching me intently. He hadn't realized that I was staring at him yet and continued to watch me. A few seconds later he realized I was watching him and smirked at me. I made a disgusted face at him and went to go throw my trash away.

I couldn't think of why he was staring at me. I obviously didn't like him. And he obviously didn't like me.

~ ~ ~

Hi guys! I kinda like this chapter I guess. I hope I'm not going to fast. I mean I don't feel like I am but whatever. Please keep reading! Thanks!