impossible evidence

Adrianna teleported down to the balcony below hers. She looked to the smashed doors and the pieces of glass that lay on the floor. Her eyebrows drew together, what broke through this glass and why this apartment?

She stepped over the glass and into the dark apartment. The sun had faded behind the hills and no longer provided much light. She pulled her phone from her pocket and turned the flashlight on.

The apartment was simple. A couch lay in front of her, at least a 4 seater, it faced a television cabinet that sat in a dark corner. To her right was a hall way presumably leading to the bedrooms and to her left was a dining room that had another entrance leading to a kitchen.

There was a light on in the kitchen and a sort of bubbling sound emitting from the doorway.

She slowly walked through the dining room, keeping her phone light up and her body on alert.

She stopped in the doorway to the kitchen. It was, once again, fairly simple, a bench starting on the wall to her left and making an upside down L.
Her eyes landed on the source of the sound. An over boiling pot of water and pasta.

Her eyes went wide and she ran over to it, stuffing her phone into her pocket. She turned the stove off and frantically searched around for a towel.

She took one from it's resting spot on the sink and lifted the pot up before dumping it into the sink. It hissed as the cold water met the boiling water but eventually settled down.

Adrianna's confusion only grew. Someone was here, so where did they go? She let out a nervous breath and walked back out of the kitchen.
Her eyes searched for a light switch that she found on a wall on her immediate left. She turned it on and a warm glow filled the dining room. The room was empty, a single six seater dining table in the middle of the room with two cabinets of china on the wall to her right. An old couple or person must live here, it definitely started to smell like one.

Adrianna walked back though the doorway and into the lounge room. Her eyes landed on the television cabinet that was now illuminated by the light from the dining room. "Oh god." Her hand flew to her mouth, her eyes slightly wide.

An old lady, about 70, with greying hair lay atop a smashed television. A dagger was through her eye, blood leaking down her pale wrinkled face. Who the hell was targeting an old lady?

Adrianna's head cocked to the side, her hand falling from her mouth. She recognised that dagger.
She took a few steps forwards, her eyebrows drawn together in fear. She yanked the dagger from the womans eye and turned it around in her hand. A golden handle with three black stones wedged in a vertical line on it. The blade was sharp and shining. She knew this dagger all too well. It was hers, from the south.

---

"How was your delightful talk?" Adrianna asked as soon as she picked up the phone.

Allison groaned and mumbled something incoherent. "I have no idea how I tolerated him before."

Adrianna chuckled, "Why do you think I didn't come along. Did you learn anything?"

"I don't know. Scott believes he was lying but i think the basic story was somewhat truthful."

"And the story was?"

Allison sighed, "How Deucalion became Deucalion. The way Gerard explains it, he's a saint."

Adrianna rolled her eyes, "Of course he is. And what was his price?" Adrianna could feel Allisons anger bubble through the phone.

"He made Scott relieve him of his pain, he would have sucked him dry if he could have. God, i can't believe . . . ."

"It's alright Allison. Everyone processes guilt in their own way. And he manipulated you. You're not at fault."

Allison sighed once more, "I know. Anyways, how was your day?"

Adrianna looked down to the broken box full of shit that Isaac had cleaned up, then her lips pulled into a small smile at the memory of his lips against hers, before her eyes finally travelled to the dagger resting on the table. "Uneventful."

Allison hummed, obviously sensing her long delay. "I'm sure it was. How is Cora?"

Adrianna pulled her bottom lip between her teeth, "I'm not too sure. She was with Stiles for majority of the day, trying to find Derek I guess. I think she will do what she always has done and push the pain down. I know it's easier that way."

"Are you okay?"

Adrianna took in a breath, "Yeah. I gotta go."

They exchanged goodbyes and Adrianna let her phone clatter against the bench. Her hand picked up the dagger again and she twirled it in her hands. They couldn't of found her, she had been using her powers more which is another reason she hated using them but they can't track her based on her powers. They'd need something much stronger.

She had to hide herself better because if they found her, they would burn this town down.

.

.

.

.

( edited )
so a bit of a sneak peak into her past. does it sounds interesting?

-a