16 hours

A few minutes. That's all it was supposed to be. They'd go under, they'd do whatever it is they needed to, then they'd come out. A few minutes was all it was meant to take.

But it's been hours. They've lied under that freezing water, unmoving, unbreathing, for hours. But they weren't dead, not really, she would have known. They were just . . . . there. For hours.

"Why aren't they awake? They should be by now right?" Isaac rambled our in a hushed tone from his position on the floor next to her.

Adrianna shook her head, her hands fumbling with the rings on her fingers, her eyes not moving from the clock plastered on the wall. It was haunting, every tick it made, like it was just reminding them how long it's been.

"They'll come out. They will. They have to. Right?"

"I don't know Isaac." Adrianna snapped. She took in a deep breath, closing her eyes and resting her head against the wall. "I just don't know."

Adrianna and Isaac suddenly jumped to their feet at the loud noises of gasping and splashing of water. Their eyes landed on Allison, Stiles and Scott jumping up in their tanks, water pouring off them and their chests rapidly rising and falling.

"I saw it! I know where it is." Scott gasped out as he started climbing out from the freezing water.

"There's a stump, this huge tree. Well, it's not huge anymore. It was cut down. But it's still big though, very big." Stiles rambled out in attempt for an explanation.

"It was the night we were looking for the body." Scott said.

"Yeah, the same night you were bitten by Peter." Stiles agreed.

"I was there too, in the car with my mother. We almost hit someone." Allison added.

Scott snapped his head to her, "It was me. You almost hit me."

Allison's eyebrows rose, shock clear in her eyes. They were all there, at the same time, on the same night.

Scott looked to Deaton and the others, determination in his tone and filling his features. "We can find it."

Adrianna felt like she had no breath, she couldn't--she didn't know what to say. Her eyes just kept moving between them. She couldn't process what they were saying. She looked to Isaac with a panicked expression.

"What?" Allison called out.

"You guys were out a long time." Isaac explained.

"How long is a long time?" Stiles wondered.

Adrianna looked back to them, her eyes softening. "It's been 16 hours." She answered.

"We've been in the water for 16 hours?" Scott pressed, he didn't understand how they were under for so long. It was impossible, how were they even alive.

"And the full moon rises in less than 4."

---

"No dude, you're not going back with them." Stiles argued, walking back over to them with a towel in his hands.

"I made a deal with Deucalion." Scott said, his voice was unwavering, he wasn't going to argue on this point.

"Does anyone else think that sounds a lot like a deal with the devil?" Stiles expressed. He was wired up and astounded that his best friend wanted to go back to that awful man, to those killers.

"Why does it matter, anyway?" Isaac asked.

"Because, I still don't think that we can beat Jennifer without their help." Scott convinced.