what they owe

Adrianna jumped out of the jeep, her shoes splashing in a small puddle at her feet. The moonlight danced into in the water and showed her a tired reflection.

"Where is she?" Stiles asked as soon as his door was open.

"Over here."

Adrianna turned to the sound of Allisons voice, relief washing over her. It was rather disturbing to get a phone call in the middle of the night about something happening with Lydia.
She walked with Scott and Stiles over to the girls.

"It's the same thing. Same thing as the pool. I got into my car heading somewhere totally different, and ended up here." Lydia explained.

Adrianna scanned the entrance to the highschool. It was dark, with only a few lights shining down on them. No one else was here. And she felt no one hiding.

"And you told me to call you if i found a dead body." Lydia finished, her tone more than terrified, mostly of herself. It's marvelling how she doesn't know yet, what she is. How none of them have figured it out. But Adrianna wasn't even certain herself so she will keep it to herself until she was sure.

"You found a dead body?" Stiles exclaimed.

"Not yet."

"Not yet? What do you mean not yet? Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body." Stiles argued, irritation slowly rising within him.

"Oh no. I'm not doing that again. You find the dead body from now on." Lydia countered.

"How are we supposed to find the dead body? You're always the one finding the dead body."

"Guys." Scott interrupted.

Adrianna whipped her head to Scott whom was staring at something in the distance. His eyebrows were pulled together in horror. He seemed fixated in whatever he was looking at, but not in a good way.

"I found the dead body."

Adrianna took a few steps towards him, her eyes travelling in the direction her was staring at.
Her eyes widened slightly. A female deputy was lying on the front cement sign that read Beacon Hills High School, her eyes were wide open and her skin was pale. Blood splattered across her face and had spilled down the front of the sign and pooled on the ground below. It was bright red and fresh. Couldn't have been too long ago when she was murdered.

But unfortunately, it was another sign that the darach was still making moves. Just perhaps speeding up it's timeline.

---

"Idioms, analogies, metaphors and similes, all tools the writer uses to tell their story." Ms Blake preached as she walked amongst the desks of bored high schoolers who cared little for the subject.
She stopped next to Lydia's desk, peering over her shoulder at something drawn in her notebook. "Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents."

"You and every guy I've ever dated." Lydia smiled sarcastically up at the nosey teacher, her voice full of insincerity.

"Oh, um, that was an idiom, by the way." Ms Blake attempted to recover from her shock and the attitude of the teenager before her.

Lydia raised her eyebrows ever so slightly and went back to her drawing, completely dismissing the teacher.

Adrianna smirked slightly. She still felt off about this teacher, especially after seeing her at Derek's the other day. It made her wonder if Ms Blake knows about the wolves, about her, or if she was simply there because Derek saved her life a few months ago. No matter why she was there, she shouldn't have been. She was wrong and Adrianna was determined to figure out why.