Two

Word Count: 2215

Finn found her later that day in her bunk. She had managed to take a much-needed nap without the side-effects of nightmares. Sometimes she would see herself alone on Jakku, waiting for parents that would never come. Other, more recent dreams, would send her spiraling into Snoke's throne room. Ben had killed her instead of Snoke. His hands were steady and his breaths had come out slow as he leveled his red blade through her chest.

"Rey?" Finn asked, hesitant. His eyes scanned her face, worry tainting his features.

"What? Is something wrong?" Rey yawned.

"Nothing, I was just checking up on you. We came out of hyperspace." Worry still hung over him.

"What's wrong?" Rey drew out the words slowly, standing to evaluate him more closely. "Finn?"

He didn't meet her eyes, so she repeated herself, more stern. "Finn." She was determined not to use the Force to search his thoughts; that wasn't what the Jedi did, friends no less.

Finn took a while to answer, but Rey wasn't in a rush. "Some allies that we have . . . they've captured a First Order official." He continued before she could interject. "And they want you to, uh, interrogate her."

Rey's mouth grew dry. She remembered her own interrogation vividly and the mere thought of it made her stomach queasy. But, nevertheless, she pushed out the words that she was supposed to say. "Where is she located?"

Finn seemed to relax a bit, now that he knew she wasn't going to run. "Just a planet in the Outer Rim. We don't know what she was doing there, but our sources believe she was operating at a command center." When Rey didn't answer immediately, he added, "Every little piece of information will help us, especially if it makes us a step ahead of the First Order."

"Who are these allies?" Rey asked curiously.

Finn shrugged. He didn't seem to think it mattered, as long as the Resistance wasn't completely alone in the war. Rey decided to trust his judgment, but before she decided to completely agree, she asked, "Why did Leia want me to interrogate the officer? Just because I'm Force-sensitive?" She was glad that she could be of some use, but not for this purpose.

"Uh, from what I heard, it was our allies who suggested it," answered Finn blankly.

Rey thought that it was smart, considering she was the last remaining Jedi-in-training, but—

"How did they know I could use the Force?" asked Rey.

"They're our allies, Rey. They deserve to know that we have a chance in this war," Finn said, "you're how we're going to win." There was so much hope in his eyes, that Rey didn't have the strength to question him further.

"Alright," she gave a weak smile. "When do we leave?"

. . .

They touched down on the warm, sticky planet only a couple of hours after Rey had given her consent to interrogate the officer. There was so much noise that Rey could barely think. She couldn't hear much else, even less her own thoughts. Insects swarmed her and bit hungrily at her exposed skin and she spent most of her attention on swatting them away.

"You alright, Rey?" Rose came up behind her, grinning.

It took a moment for Rey to answer, but when she did, her mouth was turned downward in a frown. "I hate this planet. I hate these bugs even more than I hated the sand back on Jakku."

Rose laughed, but Rey didn't know what was funny. It seemed as if this place was draining her patience.

"Did you get any rest?" Rose asked, putting a hand on her shoulder. Rey stopped herself from jumping at the contact, but it would be difficult to get used to.