Three

Word Count: 1561

Rey had no saber nor blaster and grew panicked. She reached out with the Force, hoping desperately to fling her opponent off her feet, but missing entirely.

Lynn grinned. "I don't know how you could have possibly murdered the Supreme Leader with such amateur abilities." She laughed, lazily swinging her saber as she backed Rey into a corner.

It wasn't a surprise that Ben hadn't told his Knights the truth about Snoke's death. Rey decided to play on that bit of information, or lack thereof. "Maybe I should enlighten you, then," she bit back.

Rey channeled the Force and brought her hand down in a chopping motion. Lynn fell backward, her grip on her saber loosening slightly. Before Rey had a chance to grab it, the Knight jumped back up, quicker than lightning.

"Why were you sent here?" Rey demanded. She knew that the Knight wasn't obligated to answer, but when she did, Rey wanted to take back her words.

"There's a bounty on your head. When I deliver you, the Supreme Leader will execute you in front of the galaxy and bring eternal order."

Rey swallowed, hoping she sounded confident. "He sent you?"

"Yes." Lynn's lips were curved up in a slight smirk.

With a fierce battle cry, Rey charged Lynn and slid at her feet. The Knight jumped out of the way, but withheld from delivering a killing blow to Rey with her saber; she needed her alive.

But, that didn't mean that she couldn't harm her, either.

Lynn aimed a slash at her opponent's legs, but years of fighting for her life had quickened Rey's senses, and she deftly dodged the blow.

Furrowing her brows, the Knight flung her hand out at Rey, commandeering the Force into a large, invisible fist that knocked her back.

Rey groaned. She used her anger to her advantage and pushed herself to her feet, only to be hit on the back of her head with the end of Lynn's saber. Her vision swam as she fell to the ground.

Jakku had taught Rey many things about people. The most important lesson she had ever been given, was that if you fell, no one would help you back up. You would have to fight for yourself until you could do so no longer.

Rey shot her hand out, and, seconds later, Lynn's saber came rushing into her hand. She coiled her fingers around the dark metal, enjoying the way Lynn's fearful eyes were bathed in the red glow of the corrupted crystal. She threw out a hand and the Knight fell to the floor. Rey smiled as she scrambled away.

She yearned for Lynn's fear, yearned to see her fall. Rey wanted to be the one to kill her, to show Kylo that this is what happens when you try to capture someone.

But she didn't. She couldn't, not now that she had seen into a piece of Lynn's soul. The Knight was correct; it really was more difficult to hurt someone you knew.

Shame clawed its way to her chest and she lowered the saber. Her hands began to shake uncontrollably after she realized what she had been more than willing to do only moments ago.

Lynn watched the emotions roll through Rey wearily, only getting up when her opponent let her saber fall.

"Your weakness is your heart, young scavenger. You let it control you. Doesn't it get tiring?" Lynn called the lightsaber to her hand and shut it off.

Rey stood her ground, holding her shaking hands close to her chest.

"I'll make you a deal. I will work something out with the Supreme Leader in order for your life to be spared, but you must come with me," Lynn said, clipping her saber to her belt.