. 𝒐𝒏𝒆 - 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏 .

1985, Mike and Eleven are still together, but on Mikes view, not as close. They exchange kisses, hold hands, the regular high school couple. But he just didn't feel the spark with her. Every kiss just felt.. wrong. He did his best to keep interest with her, but something was just keeping him from loving her. He had no idea what it was, but it made him cry some nights. He laid in bed, staring at the ceiling with El on his mind. He tried and tried to love her, but he just couldn't. He needed to know what was blocking him from her.
Some days, he'd look at the sky at lunch. He'd take one glance at Will, and when he did, he got a strange feeling in his stomach.
He looked at him, and could tell there was hurt in his eyes. He wondered. Is he okay? Did he get hurt? But he was too scared to ask the fragile boy. So he planned to ask Will for a sleepover, just like they did as kids. Then he'd ask what was on his mind. He'd help him.

Will, on the other hand, was quieter every day. He still talked here and there, with his friends and with teachers, but when Mike and El were holding hands, he just felt destroyed.
His muscles would tense up and he'd shiver.

"Will, what's wrong?"

His friends would ask him.

"I'm fine. Just tired"

Was his everyday excuse. Mike had hardly payed much attention to Will, not noticing the small boy was crushed to pieces even more everyday. Here and there he'd catch Mike looking at him, as Will wondered what was on the boys mind.

One day, the party was outside eating lunch, under a large oak tree. Mike and El were sitting next to each other, eating, and exchanging glances.
That's when, at the corner of Wills eye, he saw them kiss. He felt his heart rip in two.
He just wanted to be Mikes.
Everytime this happens, he feels salty tears form the edge of his eye. He blinked them back, because it'd be terribly embarrassing to cry in front of his friends, not to mention Troy was just a few away.
Will hardly sleeps, He stays awake, thinking about Mike. Thinking of his arms around his, telling him it's all gonna be okay.
He stares at the ceiling, his chest heavy.
life is cruel.
He'd think to himself.
He wanted all the suffering to go away. He knew Mike only saw him as a friend and not any more, but Will looked at Mike with a loving glow. Mike just didn't know. And it'd be weird if he did.

One day, they were in class, and Mike had forgotten to study. Will, in luck, was sat in the wooden desk right next to him. He noticed Mike struggle and Will poked his shoulder.
"Look off my paper" Will whispered, giving Mike and slight smile.
Mike said nothing but smiled and leaned over a bit, taking a long look at Wills paper, as Will stared at Mike, blushing and smiling as he stared at Mikes curly hair, and brown eyes.
William Byers was so in love with Micheal Wheeler.
Luckily, the teacher never caught them, and both boys made a great grade.
Mike thanked Will with a smile and slight hug. Will went crazy.

Every time Mike would make eye-contact with Will, Wills heart would flutter and he'd get butterflies in his stomach. They'd give each other friendly hugs, and Mike would always love to see Wills new drawings.
But everyday he feels like the two are growing further apart, making Will,

broken.