. 𝒕𝒘𝒐 - 𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔 .

It was Friday. Mike was already at school, waiting for Will, not paying attention to Eleven, Dustin, nor Lucas.
"Mike," El said, grabbing his arm gently.
"i-i'm fine El, just.. nervous for a test" he replied, obviously lying, but he knew El wouldn't notice.

Will was just driving up to school in Jonathan's car, stepping out, looking down with bags under his eyes. He'd not slept at all the previous night.

Mike turned his direction to Will, getting the feeling in his stomach again. Should he do it? Or should he bail?
"stop being a pussy, mike"  he thought to himself.
Mike hesitantly walked up to Will.

"Hey, uh.. Will! Do you wanna sleep over tonight....?" He asked, looking down at the small boy, slightly voice cracking.
Will froze in place, this is the longest thing Mike has ever said to him in at least 3 weeks. He started sweating nervously, looking just below Mikes eyes.
"uh... y-yeah sure, yeah" He said, forcing a smile. He wiped away the sweat as fast as possible.
Mike stared down at him, smiling, pulling up one side of his lips.
"Great. I'll bike you home?" He said, a lot more confidently.
Will didn't reply with words, but with a nod.
Mike began to feel more comfortable about it. Tonight, is when he'd ask what was on his mind.

Friday, 4:30pm, at the Wheelers.

Will was sitting in Mikes basement, drawing and writing in his journal.
He was glancing at Mike at a few times, looking at him as he looks through a comic book.
He was so cute. Will was drawing the two holding hands. Around them were hearts, and here and there was "m+w" and "mike byers" or "will wheeler"
He smiled as he drew, imagining the moments he sketched onto the blank paper.

Mike looked over at Will, watching him as he darted his yellow pencil all over the paper. He wondered what he was sketching. He sat up from across the room and sat down next to him.
Will quickly flipped the paper over, looking at him paralyzed.
"What are you drawing?" Mike asked, curious.
"n-nothing..." Will replied, his chest heaving. If Mike saw what he was drawing, it would be over for him. The night would be ruined.
"whatever William, but you're showing it me later, okay?" Mike asks him, letting out a soft chuckle.
Will stops breathing for a split second when Mike calls him William. Will LOVES that. He clears his throat and replies with a soft, "no."
Mike rolls his eyes and sits back on the chair across the room. Will closes his binder and gets up. He slowly walks up the stairs, glaring at Mike and smiles. He loves Mike so much. But he is never going to know. Which hurts him on the inside.
He walks to the bathroom in Mikes house, closing the door quietly.

Mikes POV

I see Will leave and i know it's the perfect time to look at what he's drawing.
It feels so terrible snooping, but his drawings always cheer me up. It's so weird that he isn't letting me see. He usually loves to show me them.
I quickly get up from my seat and run over to his binder.

3rd person POV

He trails his fingers across the opening, looking at the cover. It's the drawing he did a while ago, a rainbow ship.
He smiles as he gently opens the fragile binder, probably from 3 years ago. He lifts the drawing that he'd just done and flips it around.
Mike widens his eyes as he sees the glorious sketch of what seems to him like the two, walking, holding hands.
He holds the paper with his two hands, staring at it, as he smiles with happy tears forming in his eyes.
He looks around the sketch more, seeing the small darts of "m+w" and what seems "Mike" followed by "Byers".
He feels his heart race, as a spark ignites in it.
He blinks a little, still keeping his eyes on the slim paper.
He opens his mouth just slightly, gasping.
His stomach, with the odd feeling grows stronger, the spark in his heart, the sweat forming on his forehead....
Mike realizes that he loves Will Byers.