Chapter 7: Close Encounters of The Vampire Kind

I think the definition I was looking for was, too much. I had gotten too much stuff at Rose's Garden and my checking account was screaming. Not only did Sage sell my favorite flowers, dried and fresh, he also sold crystals, potion ingredients, palo santo, essential oils, candles, fancy mortars and pestles that matched, full moon bath salts that looked divine, magical jars to duplicate the amount of water I could charge in the light of the full moon without a bunch of mason jars out on the deck.  He was really good at his job.

Sage wasn't sure how the Cullens fed either but he promised to keep an eye out for me. At school, I munched on some sun berries hidden in my bag when Eric proclaimed when everyone should go to La Push.

"Saturday is the perfect day to go. The sun, the surf, the whales." He said. His attention was on Angela mostly though. 

"If I can get out of baby sitting my little brothers, I'll go." She went back to eating. 

"Bella, what do you say?" Jessica asked. "It's really fun when we go. We'll make a bonfire, roast marshmallows, tell spooky stories."

"How can I say no to that?"

In Biology, I wasn't paying attention to the lesson being taught. I could tell Edward wasn't either, he absolutely knew more than the teacher anyway. That made me wonder why he was even in school. It wasn't like he needed a remedial lesson in high school level biology or any subject for that matter, nor did his siblings.  My pencil scrawled against a loose piece of paper absentmindedly as I drew a three eyed blue Narie, a bird native to Itheria. They weren't the smartest birds around but their large and dangerous beaks more than made up for it. 

Mr. Banner stepped out for a moment Edward spoke. "Interesting bird you've got there."

I side eyed him. "Is that supposed to be a compliment?"

"Sort of. You've got beautiful technique, I've never something that before." He said still peering at the Narie.

"Thank you, it's called having an imagination. Why are we speaking? I thought we agreed we'd only speak if we had to."

His shoulders sagged a bit as he as he pushed himself to the back of his chair. "You're right. I apologize." 

I didn't know if he was trying to play a game with me but completely ice him out wasn't my style. I did want to know more about his family and if I could get him to spill anything, it would be a great help. 

"We each get three questions a day, no more, no less." I proposed. "Understood?"

He nodded. "Understood. If I asked you why you wanted to move back to Forks, would you answer?"

"Is that your first question?"

"Yes; Why did you move back to Forks?"

"My mom got remarried and wanted to go on her honeymoon without worrying about me. So I suggested that I move out here to be with Dad for a while. Simple as that."

He nodded. "That's very mature of you. A lot of teenagers would have jumped at the chance to stay home alone."

I shrugged. "I guess, never gave it that much thought. My turn, why did you move to Forks?"

"Forks is quiet, comfortable and the weather is usually favorable." It was pouring outside again, sheets of rain made the parking lot look hazy through the windows. 

"Favorable? It rains all the time." 

"I find rainy little towns rather quaint." He smirked. 

I nodded.  "Sure, you do." A rainy little town was perfect for being seen in the day without truly being seen