Chapter 9: Landslide

Jacob's story at La Push left me with a lot of questions. Were the Cullens and the tribe really connected? Their shifts depended on the appearance of vampires? If that was the case, how many Quileute boys were changed or about to change? When was Jacob going to?

It was a sunny day for once and the Cullens were notably absent from school. "Whenever it's nice, Dr. Cullen and Mrs. Cullen takes them camping or something. My parents never went for it when I asked." Jessica noted, sun bathing on the grass outside of the cafeteria.

"Pays to be rich, I guess." Angela shrugged. "But girls since Eric already asked me, we need to get ready for prom." She smiled, playing with her curly hair on her shoulder.

"Mike won't step up and ask me." Jessica rolled her eyes. "And I'm so not asking him, like, ew."

"You'll never know if he wants to go with you if you don't ask him, there's nothing wrong with taking charge." I offered, sipping on the sun berry iced tea I made.

She takes the biggest sigh known to man and groans for added effect. "He's just so oblivious. We've basically been friends since we were in diapers but he drools all over Peyton Clark."

"Whose Peyton?"

"A senior; a super hot, beautiful, perfect senior." She grumbled tossing glares over to table where some older kids were lounging and enjoying the day. Peyton had grey soulful eyes and perfectly styled dark hair. She sat with her friends as they engaged in conversation.

"I'm sure Mike's just trying to figure out how he wants to ask you, Jess." Angela reassured. "He'd be crazy not to go with you."

She sighed again. "Fine, with my maybe date, all that's left is Bella. Maybe Tyler will ask you."

"I'm pretty sure he's going to ask someone else." I nodded behind them. They turned and could see Tyler off in the distance sitting in his van with a cute hazel eyed boy who was on the swim team as they ate lunch together. Much like Angela and Eric were on the beach, it was as if they were the only two people in the world. I didn't know what that felt like but maybe I would, one day.

"Tyler and Conner would be so cute!" Angela and Jessica squealed.

"I'm probably not going to go anyway, it be weird to be a seventh wheel."

"Bella, c'mon, please?" Angela asked.

"Dances aren't really my thing but I can help you look for dresses."

"Oh, yeah we can make day out of it. We can go to Port Angeles, they have a lot of great boutiques out there."

As the two went on to plan the weekend, I itched  my nose and sensed a vampire close by. Angela shivered heavily and clutched her arms around herself.

"Are you cold?" Jessica asked.

"No not really just got a chill, I guess." Angela played it off. Couldn't be a coincidence, could it? I pretended like I need to go to the bathroom and when no one was paying attention I walked around east the corner of the school. I was at one the back entrances and there was nothing but me, some dumpsters and Rosalie Cullen.

She looked as beautiful as ever in designer sunglasses and an all black ensemble. She had her arms crossed as she pursed her red tinted lips.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"What game do you think you are playing at?" She asked commandingly.

"I'm not sure what you mean."

"Don't play dumb." She reached into her purse and pulled out a notebook folded into two and tossed it at my feet. It my notebook the one I used to catalogue all my findings on the Cullens. It was torn up and the pages were missing.